Make a donation

Author Topic: Help! Car Logged Wrong  (Read 519 times)

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Help! Car Logged Wrong
« on: August 21, 2014, 12:53:26 pm »
So when my car was imported from the UK to Ireland the person in the revenue logged it as a Golf GT 150bhp. It turns out when they bring them in they select from a drop down menu so he made a mistake because my car is a GTI 197bhp.

I have since had the revenue update their online system and my log book.

The problem is that when I type my reg into online databases it's still coming up as the incorrectly logged Golf GT.

Does anyone know where the likes on insurance companies or car parts companies get your info from when you give them your reg?

If I can source where this data comes from I can have it updated.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Help! Car Logged Wrong
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 01:01:29 pm »
They pull it from DVLA records. However, it may take some time for changes to track down through the system.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 01:47:03 pm »
yeh it takes a  while to update the records, similar to the hpi register, when you pay outstanding finance off they will update their records at the end of every month, so could take a month to show all clear.

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 01:58:55 pm »
It has been almost 8 months since it was update though.

I just got an email stating this as we speak:

All of our vehicle information is gathered from the National Vehicle Driver File (NVDF) operated by The Driver and Vehicle Computer Services Division of the Department of Transport Tourism and Sport, located in Shannon, Co. Clare and is operated by an independent third party business.

It will always take a short time for details to be updated on the central computer before it is then further updated by the third party and this amount of time from update to being actually matching is a timescale that is completely out of our hands.

Guess I better contact the NVDF.

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 02:06:54 pm »
Ah, missed the bit about imported to Ireland. Things obviously take a little longer over there....  :indifferent:
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.