Make a donation

Author Topic: Solid engine mount back to ECS insert... how much difference will I feel  (Read 737 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
I have a spare subframe with ECS insert in it.

At moment am running full set of THS engine mounts with Vibratechnics dogbone mount. The NVH is worse than some as Alex says the THS/Vibra is not the best combo for NVH.

Might swap out the subframe and try the ECS insert and leave the other mounts in place. No doubt NVH will be reduced but at what cost to traction? 

I have WALK, linear map and super sports so wondering if can get away with it or will reduction in traction be really noticeable in 1st/2nd as dont want any wheel hop back as virtually eliminated it.

Any thoughts?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 33
Isit the solid bushless mount? I dont think you will notice much i recently changed my revo lower mount to a standard one im sure theres less vibration, havent noticed any traction differences and wheel hop is non existent but run r888
TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 72
I would fit a THS lower mount as it is rubber rather than polyurethane.  I had all THS mounts on my car and had no nasty vibrations at all. The Vibratechnics mount is hard polyurethane and its purpose is for performance over comfort. That is what is causing all the vibrations. The THS ones just felt like oe comfort but far better :happy2:
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box