Make a donation

Author Topic: Search may be over !  (Read 15971 times)

Phil Mcavity

Re: Search may be over !
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2009, 03:45:17 pm »
How much have you lost in depreciation?  :rolleye:

:signLOL:

If you want to know, i payed 18k for mine March 08 and she's worth that figure still now..... £18k. This forum know i payed that  :wink:

So depreciation for me with the ed30 is not a problem.

Sorry im sure as you say this is a golf forum, so oppinions WILL be towards the ed30.

I couldnt live with the interia, and sit and stare at it going from the ed30 to a K1.
As MAT ED30 has said, you see the car from the inside .The SEAT is cheaper to purchase, and thats the reason why imo.

And i dont trackday my car from day to day, i drive it on the public highways normally

:drinking:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:52:39 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2009, 03:49:54 pm »

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2009, 06:58:05 pm »
How much have you lost in depreciation?  :rolleye:

:signLOL:

If you want to know, i payed 18k for mine March 08 and she's worth that figure still now..... £18k. This forum know i payed that  :wink:

So depreciation for me with the ed30 is not a problem.

Sorry im sure as you say this is a golf forum, so oppinions WILL be towards the ed30.

I couldnt live with the interia, and sit and stare at it going from the ed30 to a K1.
As MAT ED30 has said, you see the car from the inside .The SEAT is cheaper to purchase, and thats the reason why imo.

And i dont trackday my car from day to day, i drive it on the public highways normally

:drinking:

lol you got a good deal on the ED30, like I did on the K1.

But its clear the differences between the two of us. Im the more serious driver   :laugh:
 :happy2:

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:30:34 pm by Poverty »

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2009, 07:29:45 pm »
^^ indeed  :happy2:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2009, 01:17:53 am »
I quite like the Seat, but the rear lights are  :sick: Its funny....if you say to a seat owner, "Seat's are spanish rubbish" , the first words they will say is, "What, they are basically a volkswagen".  I also find that VW advert to be very true. The one with everyone comparing this and that to being "just like the golf". Then at the end the ad says, "Why have a car thats like a golf? When you can have a golf"
I don't know why, but to me, I wouldn't put Seat in the same league as VW.
To me Seat are more Peugeot or Renault...... but not quite Fiat or Citroen!  :scared:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2009, 05:47:45 am »
Just my opinion, and it seems quite a few others but the dash is totally gash.  And for that reason forum.... I'm Out!

(of the seat and in the golf)

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2009, 10:05:43 am »
People will look at you and presume you couldnt afford the golf. If that doesnt bother you and you can live with the awful interior, rear looks and the fact you will always defend it by informing people its like a golf...go for it  :happy2:

The ED30 will be worth more in the future i think, only people in to cars know the seat is basically a golf so will never hold value quite as well.The VAG range is huge and the amount of similar cars is crazy! You can get an A3 3.2 (basically an R32 with a different manifold and suspensions set up) for 8 grand! The new Golf R is just an S3 with a 30k+ price tag!

Buy which one you like and be happy with it, im a materialistic show off so id have to get the golf  :signLOL:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2009, 10:15:49 am »
People will look at you and presume you couldnt afford the golf. If that doesnt bother you and you can live with the awful interior, rear looks and the fact you will always defend it by informing people its like a golf...go for it  :happy2:

The ED30 will be worth more in the future i think, only people in to cars know the seat is basically a golf so will never hold value quite as well.The VAG range is huge and the amount of similar cars is crazy! You can get an A3 3.2 (basically an R32 with a different manifold and suspensions set up) for 8 grand! The new Golf R is just an S3 with a 30k+ price tag!

Buy which one you like and be happy with it, im a materialistic show off so id have to get the golf  :signLOL:

I thought you had left us.  :sad1:
Here you go again with your same old crap, telling us how much everything is worth and what the car is really once the badges come off.
Surely you should be running a motoring magazine, with your in depth knowledge of why people buy cars and what they are worth.
Very tiring reading the same sh*t in every thread from you Jules.
You are starting to become our forum troll.  :laugh:

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2009, 10:22:29 am »

Here you go again with your same old crap, telling us how much everything is worth and what the car is really once the badges come off.
Surely you should be running a motoring magazine, with your in depth knowledge of why people buy cars and what they are worth.

Jog on mate, you just have a problem with me. Im simply answering a question for the guy in the same way as everyone else. Its your problem and if you dont like it you dont need to reply. My reply is no different to many others including phils, yet you didnt put anything about that?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2009, 10:24:08 am »
^^^^
:popcornsoda:

It's not often I get to post the popcornsoda smilie! :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2009, 10:33:15 am »

Jog on mate, you just have a problem with me. Im simply answering a question for the guy in the same way as everyone else. Its your problem and if you dont like it you dont need to reply. My reply is no different to many others including phils, yet you didnt put anything about that?

Is this were i say dont feed the troll.  :booty:
Nothing you post is ever constructive or helpful, you just keep telling us that we pay to much for this or i could buy this for the same money.
Can you not go and do your copy and paste paragraphs on a R 32 forum.  :happy2:

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2009, 10:38:59 am »

Is this were i say dont feed the troll.  :booty:
Nothing you post is ever constructive or helpful, you just keep telling us that we pay to much for this or i could buy this for the same money.
Can you not go and do your copy and paste paragraphs on a R 32 forum.  :happy2:

No you just dont find it helpful, why would my post not be helpful to the OP?

Why when people ask for opinions do i need to echo everone else on here, would be a sh*t forum if we all wrote the lovely replies and copied each other!

I would like to think i have one of the most helpful threads on here so your post is slightly contradictive im afraid
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4823.0

If you dont like what i post dont read it, im not doing any harm inputing my opinion (which im entitled to)

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2009, 10:50:04 am »
forum gold  :congrats:
 :laugh:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2009, 10:51:46 am »

Sorry but it's my turn to post a popcorn image :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2009, 10:58:21 am »