Make a donation

Author Topic: Search may be over !  (Read 15967 times)

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Search may be over !
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2009, 04:59:23 pm »
 :happy2: :happy2:

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2009, 05:04:09 pm »
Such a tease ! :laugh:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2009, 05:08:11 pm »
i thought that was abit  :evilgrin:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2009, 05:18:29 pm »
Its time Blue sold that car and bought something a bit newer, that edition 30 is getting a bit tatty  :party:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2009, 05:19:31 pm »
Its time Blue sold that car and bought something a bit newer, that edition 30 is getting a bit tatty  :party:

it wants to get out more i think  :laugh:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2009, 05:19:48 pm »
 :driver:
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2009, 05:30:15 pm »
You seriously should ditch the idea of the SEAT.You are kidding yourself if you think they are the same sar. (engine yes) but seriously hold on to your money. Sorry SEAT Chaps in here, but once youve spent it, youve lost 4 grand straight away on part ex on one later.

It is not the same car, because of just its engine.

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2009, 05:31:19 pm »
I've already had the rug pulled from under my feet today .....go easy  :sick:

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2009, 06:19:03 pm »
What makes things worse is the lad from aberdeen with his K1 texted me today to see if i was still interested because there was other interest in the car. I told him I had sourced a cheaper car down south and to give the other lad first dibs.....nightmare !

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2009, 06:26:06 pm »
Seriously, go sit in an edition30 and go sit in a Seat Cupra, which one could you live with to look at when your sat in the drivers seat???.

That for me would be enough reason to sit on your dosh till one shows up shortly mate.

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2009, 06:37:22 pm »
I know the interior quality is quite important, but i have come from 4 subaru impreza sti's, now their interiors look like they have been made of melted down lego bricks, i managed to live with them all because they were fantastic cars in their own rights in other departments.
The leon is not up to the quality of the golf and that is reflected in the price tag.  Audi s3 owners could argue the same point about sitting in an edition 30 and then an s3, they would say the edition 30 is poor. It all depends on how much money you have to spend i suppose, K1 08 plate 16 grand,   Ed 30 08 plate 18 grand (except white  :grin:),  s3 08 plate 21-22 grand......its a slippery slope.

Kev. 

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2009, 06:55:13 pm »
You seriously should ditch the idea of the SEAT.You are kidding yourself if you think they are the same sar. (engine yes) but seriously hold on to your money. Sorry SEAT Chaps in here, but once youve spent it, youve lost 4 grand straight away on part ex on one later.

It is not the same car, because of just its engine.

:signLOL:

Your right its not the same car, ours are quicker round the track  :P

I paid 17.5k for my cupra k1 brand new 9 months ago.

58 plate in my local dealers is up for 18.5k which has the same options but isnt even white. The one on piston heads, older than mine, more mileage, up for 16.5k. People over on SCN have paid less for a brand new k1 than I have. White k1's are holding their value, people are still paying 19k for late models.

How much have you lost in depreciation?  :rolleye:

At the end of the day the difference between the ed30 and the cupra is the interior or the brakes. I personally for one dont sleep in my car, I like to drive it hard, and the cupra is better equipped to do so. You obviously rated interior looks over better brakes, I did the opposite, and now its time for subaru26675 to do the same.

The fact that the GTI ed30 brakes are small made it a 2 pony race between the s3 and cupra for me when I was looking to buy.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 06:59:01 pm by Poverty »

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2009, 06:59:08 pm »
i like most of the Seat K1 except for the hideous interior LOL, i have had a cupra in the past and the biggest let down for me is the interiors

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2009, 08:02:33 pm »
i've gone from a mk5 golf with full leather to an A3 Sline to the Cupra, and i honeslty don't find the interior that bad, the seats are way better than the golfs and you don't get the cheap looking leather that sags. Yes the dash looks different and the door panels are a little more plasticy but I bet they are made from a similar product and its just the graining thats different. I paid 14k for my cupra having lost 6500 on the A3 and £8250 on a golf, I would be doing very well to lose that much on the cupra.

I know this is a golf forum but i thought i would take a chance :) still Golf/S3 or cupra they are all good and the performance is great.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2009, 08:15:39 pm »
maybe get straight what car you really want and which one you need

else this is just going to turn into a dick measuring contest over the ED30 and Seat

if your coming from a scooby, what you'll lose in grunt you gain in quality from either car...just varing levels between the two, both in build and in performance

i love the looks of the cupra, dont discount it because of residuals, its a sooperb car, simples, the golf is a golf and i'm biased but will always be my preference for a car to live with on a daily basis, both to drive and to experience the cockpit