Make a donation

Author Topic: Search may be over !  (Read 15968 times)

Offline candy turbo

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
Re: Search may be over !
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2009, 08:16:31 pm »
the k1 looks better than a 5 door golf imo any way , i believe the seat has better brakes and more focused suspension thats what seat sales told me when i was looking BUT i brought the edition 30
 i ve got an s3 now and the build quality is noticable better than the golf but not by much  :happy2:  

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2009, 08:19:10 pm »
 :driver:
out the box the seat looks better all round , i think even the ed 30 needs mods to look this good  :happy2:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2009, 08:19:38 pm »
i love this thing about the better brakes, dont make me  :laugh: u can keep your larger brakes  :rolleye: not better and i will have my nice golf  :P. i came from a cupra r 225 that had great brakes and i was going to buy the cupra as i was waiting for them to turn up at my local dealers but the second i sat in it i thought my cupra r was better inside, i was gutted as i so wanted that car  :sad1: and to buy those brakes u have on yours can be done for a few hundred £ so  :P. I still love the look of the cupra but the inside is the only let down and that is what u see when u are in it simple fact. The day that car came out all the lads on cupra net could not wait for it but after we all sat in it we all got a bit pissed with dash layout but as i have seen from people who have played with the inside it can look better if u try  :smiley:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 08:24:32 pm by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2009, 08:38:30 pm »
theres a gnats pube between them i think  :happy2:

we're going for a test drive in the new bocanegra at the weekend and coming from big vw fans its going to be a tough desision even without sitting in one but with the new polo being a bit slow and expensive we are really keen to give seat a go, im pretty sure in the future they will hold value almost as well as veedubs once people realise they are decent too. well i hope so anyway if we do fork out for one! she wanted an abarth 500 but the maintenence package doesnt exist so we worried it might fall apart!!  :chicken:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2009, 10:22:30 pm »
theres a gnats pube between them i think  :happy2:

we're going for a test drive in the new bocanegra at the weekend and coming from big vw fans its going to be a tough desision even without sitting in one but with the new polo being a bit slow and expensive we are really keen to give seat a go, im pretty sure in the future they will hold value almost as well as veedubs once people realise they are decent too. well i hope so anyway if we do fork out for one! she wanted an abarth 500 but the maintenence package doesnt exist so we worried it might fall apart!!  :chicken:

Got a fiat 500 1.2 and fiat cant even get that right so I would hate to see what happens when things get complicated with a turbo'd lump.

The owner of AMD Essex, his mother has a 500 also and has had loads of trouble with it. Fun to drive though.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2009, 10:42:23 pm »
My bro's not had any problems with his 500 Arbath Essessessessess thingy  :laugh:

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2009, 10:59:08 pm »
had a 1.4 sport 500 in jersey, lights flashed and the handbrake stuck but i would still have one, they are great little cars.

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2009, 11:01:28 pm »
Ford KA shares the same chassis but apparently ford hsve made a better job of it
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline DavyP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2009, 09:48:52 am »

I've had my 500 Abarth for nearly 4 months now, 2500 miles driving roughly and its been faultless, Fiat have upped thier game, have to say in the past I wouldn't have dreamed of owning one but there's something special about the Abarth 500.  I thoroughly recommend it, people who haven't owned one will always take cheap shots at Fiat(often warranted lol) but I love my car and he's been 100% spot on.

Here he is:  (Iphone Pic)

The world we live in and life in general.....

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2009, 09:59:51 am »
Sooner have a Cooper S, which is what im after. How are you finding a smaller car?

Nice rims btw :happy2:

To the OP, it seems that you were dead set on a ED30 or S3 so I would wait it out till the right one comes up if I were you, the K1 is nice but there are far too many diesel replicas around and they are not as nice as the Golf.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 10:02:09 am by Edition30 »
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline DavyP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2009, 10:06:35 am »

Wife has a Golf so anything long distance or requiring more room we use it instead so the size doesn't matter lol. 

Wife owned a Cooper and I'd a Cooper Convertible, good cars but in my opinion are old hat now and don't have the character of the 500.

Theres some really good tuning options now for the 500 as its the flavour of the month with various tuners racing to out do each other.  As yet mine is standard though I'm considering giving Sanspeed a go, they do a Milltek Tbe, Intake, remap and larger Turbo to take the car to 220 Bhp for a reasonable price.

Anyone have any experience of Sanspeed, they any good?
The world we live in and life in general.....

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2009, 10:15:15 am »
Back on topic....you want one of these... :signLOL:

Cheers,

Wayne

Offline nwhiteley

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2009, 10:25:45 am »
Back on topic....you want one of these... :signLOL:

:drool: If only there were some about

Offline Pummy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2009, 10:32:05 am »
Wait for the golf.  Seems like that is what you want, so wait for it.

Offline bondy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2009, 12:04:05 pm »
For the amount of money your gonna be spending dont rush into anything and certenly dont buy something you dont really want just for the sake of having a new ride. You wanted a ED30 so just wait and buy one when it comes up.

I went through the same thing looking for the right mk5 gti, i know theres plenty out there to choose from but it doesnt make it anymore easy coz all the ones i went to see werent right and it took me a few months but the right one eventually came up  :laugh: .