Make a donation

Author Topic: MPG on standard ED30  (Read 4089 times)

Offline oak_grun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
Re: MPG on standard ED30
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 10:17:06 am »
Just pulled out the dipstick, the engine spluttered which I'm guessing stuggests the PCV is fine :happy2:

Any other DIY checks I can carry out?

Did you check to see if your revs had a panic attack also? It should jump up and down!

Have you done anything on your dv?

Revs did jump when I removed the dipstick.

Done nothing to the DV as of yet. Next thing to check..is there a guide on how to do this?

I've never fiddled with the mk5 golf gti before so any help appreciated guys :happy2:

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 10:40:00 am »
Just pulled out the dipstick, the engine spluttered which I'm guessing stuggests the PCV is fine :happy2:

Did you check to see if your revs had a panic attack also? It should jump up and down!

Done nothing to the DV as of yet. Next thing to check..is there a guide on how to do this?

I've never fiddled with the mk5 golf gti before so any help appreciated guys :happy2:

Luck you, your PCV is fine!

I recommend the following so. Build up a reputation with your VW parts dealer. Ask them for the diverter valve revision G for your car but explain the situation and ask if you can return it providing you don't use it.

It's around £40.

Now what year is your ed30? The earlier versions located the dv as per my guide below and the later versions are easier to get to as they're just below the engine cover but there's also guides on here for that.
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,87824.msg893078.html#msg893078

Part number for REV G diverter valve
06F 145 710 G

Offline oak_grun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 11:00:48 am »

I recommend the following so. Build up a reputation with your VW parts dealer. Ask them for the diverter valve revision G for your car but explain the situation and ask if you can return it providing you don't use it.

It's around £40.

Now what year is your ed30? The earlier versions located the dv as per my guide below and the later versions are easier to get to as they're just below the engine cover but there's also guides on here for that.
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,87824.msg893078.html#msg893078

06F 145 710 G

Thanks Luke!

It's 57 plated so 2008 model.

I'm thinking if it is the DV I may opt for a forge DV!

Hopefully it will be easier to get to the DV.

Cheers :happy2:

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 11:51:10 am »

It's around £40.

06F 145 710 G

DV's on ED30's are always just below the engine cover , GTI's have them under the wheelarch .
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline kr15h_ED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 11:10:33 pm »
Highest I've ever got was 32 mpg! that was steady run on a dual carriageway