Make a donation

Author Topic: Virgin Media Mates Rates  (Read 8890 times)

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
Virgin Media Mates Rates
« on: August 25, 2014, 04:01:27 pm »
Looking to change to VM from Sky. I understand there are a few VM technicians here, wondering if anyone can provide any better deals?

Cheers

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Virgin Media Mates Rates
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 12:16:05 pm »
So ended up getting in contact with VM, the mates rates deal meant I save £60.00 over the current offers. Not much of a saving but better than nothing I suppose:

Big Kahuna TV (or XL as it was formerly known) 500gb Tivo box
152mb Broadband
Standard line rental with weekend free landline calls.
£50.99/month for the whole 18 months.

Online/telephone for the same offer changes to £60.99 after 12 months.

If I take the current non mates rates offer, apparently on my address, I can also receive an additional HD V Box for free with no monthly charges, but tbh, It would never get used, so I didnt bother.

What do you guys think? are there any better deals to be had?

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:20:14 pm by usmangti »

Offline Spankiee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:36:02 pm »
I only have there internet package and they keep putting it up. Think it's about £27 a month  :fighting:
candy white edition 30

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:45:59 pm »
I only have there internet package and they keep putting it up. Think it's about £27 a month  :fighting:

What size BB is that for? 50mb is £26.50 for new customers...

Offline welikeaps

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 12:52:36 pm »
Good luck with VM. The customer service that they offer is by far the worse that I have ever come across. Had a similar deal when I signed up (18 month contract - 12 months at 1/2 price). VM were not willing to stick to the agreed contract that they had advertised for the length of the service plan. After 6 months they started charging me full price, despite being on a half price for 12 months contract.
After many calls to VM, they kept stating that there was no such offer  and they had never run any half price offers for 12 months. Due to taking out an 18 month deal I was unable to leave, but had to cancel paying them via DD as they kept charging me full price despite me having 12 months for half price. This was and has been an ongoing battle with VM, so i'll be saying so long to the service come October.

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 12:57:49 pm »
Good luck with VM. The customer service that they offer is by far the worse that I have ever come across. Had a similar deal when I signed up (18 month contract - 12 months at 1/2 price). VM were not willing to stick to the agreed contract that they had advertised for the length of the service plan. After 6 months they started charging me full price, despite being on a half price for 12 months contract.
After many calls to VM, they kept stating that there was no such offer  and they had never run any half price offers for 12 months. Due to taking out an 18 month deal I was unable to leave, but had to cancel paying them via DD as they kept charging me full price despite me having 12 months for half price. This was and has been an ongoing battle with VM, so i'll be saying so long to the service come October.

Wow really?

I was with VM for about 5 years up to 2008 when I left to go to Sky and I've now had enough with their rubbish internet connection. The difference in money is not much so thought why not.
But my previous experiences with VM have been very good. Have they gone down the pot now?

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
  • Porsche 911 inbound
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 01:08:02 pm »
I hate being a VM customer only reason I'm with them is because I live in an area with high trees that disrupt the sky signal.

Charges are always going up, goal posts continually changing and to top it off my Broadband went from 30Mbps to a steady 12. pretty useless service and I now don't even bother calling them.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 03:06:51 pm »
Im more pi$$ed off that sky are now charging an Extra £5 for sports in HD, I already pay £10 for HD...WTF !!!
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
Virgin Media Mates Rates
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 04:23:56 pm »
If there's anyone who wants mate rates deal. Pm me your name, phone number and address and I'll get the referral over to the mates rates team.

No obligation to buy but the mates rates team will have a discussion with you and you can decide either yes or no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 04:41:11 pm »
VM customer service far better than Sky IMO.

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 05:45:58 am »
I had no end of trouble with vm I could only get 10 minutes internet connection per day ,rang them endless times and they gave so many excuses not to come out and sort it and kept fobbing me off-when my contract was coming to an end they decided to give me some attn giving me a super duper new box that will solve all the problems -the box was installed and I am committed to another 12 months - guess what same thing 10 mins a day and the same fobbing off , all they would say is you are compelled to honour the contract I waited out the contract switched to sky and have not even a squeak of a problem two years without proper internet , so from my experience vm is a big no no
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.

Offline Shaw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 10:24:55 am »
I had no end of trouble with vm I could only get 10 minutes internet connection per day ,rang them endless times and they gave so many excuses not to come out and sort it and kept fobbing me off-when my contract was coming to an end they decided to give me some attn giving me a super duper new box that will solve all the problems -the box was installed and I am committed to another 12 months - guess what same thing 10 mins a day and the same fobbing off , all they would say is you are compelled to honour the contract I waited out the contract switched to sky and have not even a squeak of a problem two years without proper internet , so from my experience vm is a big no no

I struggle to understand complaints like this. You stayed in contract and were only getting 10mins net access per day? FOR HOW LONG?!

I'd have cancelled the DD and set VM hq on fire.

'07 Mk5 GTI Manual

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 12:32:46 pm »

I struggle to understand complaints like this. You stayed in contract and were only getting 10mins net access per day? FOR HOW LONG?!

I'd have cancelled the DD and set VM hq on fire.

+1

I hate being a VM customer only reason I'm with them is because I live in an area with high trees that disrupt the sky signal.

Charges are always going up, goal posts continually changing and to top it off my Broadband went from 30Mbps to a steady 12. pretty useless service and I now don't even bother calling them.

Theres some legal stuff which as a consumer, if you are consistently receiving a lower speed than the advertised speed, you can force your provider to reduce your charges more in line with the speed you receive. Saw this on a TV program recently.
Thats only fair tbh.
Also VM have been telling me I can upgrade and downgrade my tariffs whenever you want as long as you are with them for at least the duration of the contract.
I certainly won't be taking any cr*p from them if their service is poor.

Offline Spankiee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 12:44:51 pm »
I do regular speed tests and I always get about 31mb download speed on the basic package 2mb upload.

And the internet is very rarely offline so I never bother phoning them anyway. I think all big companies have crap call centres these days.
candy white edition 30

Offline patpong_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2014, 10:55:06 pm »
If there's anyone who wants mate rates deal. Pm me your name, phone number and address and I'll get the referral over to the mates rates team.

No obligation to buy but the mates rates team will have a discussion with you and you can decide either yes or no.

mates rates what price on fiber optics dont need tv etc.....

thanks in advance