Make a donation

Author Topic: VW Boot Badge  (Read 12089 times)

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
  • Porsche 911 inbound
VW Boot Badge
« on: August 26, 2014, 11:04:14 am »
Hey All

Quick question.

I have removed the silver plastic VW boot badge from my car (09 Model Mk5) as it had a small crack which annoyed me  :fighting:
Just called the stealers and they have said that the badge cant be sold separately as it forms part of the boot handle  :stupid:

The plastic badge shows a part number of 3C5827469 which I believe is the part number for the complete assembly  :rolleye:

Has anyone been able to source only the badge and not the complete mechanism? the badge simply clicks into the mechanism and is not stuck on.

Thanks in advance  :happy2:

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: VW Boot Badge
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:08:01 am »
Secondhand is best bet otherwise.
I sold complete unit for 40 quid last week.
Try ebay???
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Porsche 911 inbound
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 11:47:32 am »
Thanks mate

I just found it strange that they expect to sell a whole unit when the badge is detachable especially seeing that these were desirable at one point for theft.

Ebay it is  :happy2:

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:00:52 pm »
I have a brand new mk6 chrome badge here but i dont think it will fit
Pity!!
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Porsche 911 inbound
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 12:09:29 pm »
Pity!!

Hi mate

I was looking at Part Number 5K0853630B ULM which I think is the Mk6 Badge
They both look the same and both measure 110mm, I've just ordered one from VW as the car is booked in for a service so fingers crossed this could fit  :chicken:

Offline OSB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:05:54 pm »
Pity!!

Hi mate

They both look the same and both measure 110mm, I've just ordered one from VW as the car is booked in for a service so fingers crossed this could fit  :chicken:

Let us know if it does fit. I've got a bit of the dreaded white worm on mine and fancy a change.  :smiley:

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 06:48:20 pm »

Shaunygti

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 06:54:08 pm »
Pity!!

Hi mate

They both look the same and both measure 110mm, I've just ordered one from VW as the car is booked in for a service so fingers crossed this could fit  :chicken:

Let us know if it does fit. I've got a bit of the dreaded white worm on mine and fancy a change.  :smiley:

Mk6 unit  does fit guys have one on mine plug is just in a different place on back back still fits fine and looks great 
Just noticed u mean badge but hey
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 07:07:40 pm by Shaunygti »

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Porsche 911 inbound
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 03:05:38 pm »
Pity!!

Hi mate

Let us know if it does fit. I've got a bit of the dreaded white worm on mine and fancy a change.  :smiley:

Will do buddy !
I will be collecting and fitting on Friday so stay tuned  :happy2:

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Porsche 911 inbound
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 04:25:35 pm »
Pity!!

Hi mate

Nope it don't fit, despite both being 3D there is a very very small unnoticeable bevel to the badge which causes it to pop off. Both are the same size with the same clips it's just the bevel that causes it not to fit.

Unbelievable  :fighting:

Offline OSB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 08:11:06 am »
Thanks for the update.... Damn!
Have to put up with the bit of white worm till I can find a decent Mk5 badge at a reasonable price .....

Offline rosscoe63

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 09:39:04 pm »
am due to take mine off shortly, if it comes off in one piece will happily sell it :-)

Offline OSB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 09:46:02 pm »
am due to take mine off shortly, if it comes off in one piece will happily sell it :-)
Cheers! If you get it off in one piece and it's white worm free - I'm definitely interested.  :smiley:

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 10:58:11 pm »
Thanks for the update.... Damn!
Have to put up with the bit of white worm till I can find a decent Mk5 badge at a reasonable price .....
You need a complete boot lock assembly mate...
Yours is the earlier boot lock

Offline V2 FAN

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Porsche 911 inbound
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 08:50:19 pm »

Hello mate

If it's the 3D style mk5 badge I'll bite your arm off   :happy2: