Make a donation

Author Topic: Recording & Dictation Software (for business)  (Read 824 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Recording & Dictation Software (for business)
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:27:37 am »
Guys,

Can anyone recommend some dictation software that's accurate with recording voices in meetings and conference calls, that kind of scenario?
If there's an accompanying microphone that anyone can also recommend, that would be useful?

Currently we use standard HP laptop microphones for dictation and recording and while this works fairly well one on one, the pickup and detection when several voices talk is very poor.

We need something that can either transcribe the voice as the conversation happens,

or,

accurately record the voice and then dictate it into text from an audio file or similar at a later date.

The software needs to be fairly flexible given that several different voices will be present and obviously potentially talking in turn and back to back.

Thanks.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
Re: Recording & Dictation Software (for business)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:33:05 am »
Hi Pete,

I work for a firm of solicitors and we use Dragon Naturally speaking. This works quite well for 1 person that is dictating (the software requires that individual to train up the software at setup). However, in the scenario that you describe, it would be very difficult as none of the voices would have been trained and the sound quality used in a meeting / telephone conference would be relatively poor compared to a dedicated digital dictation microphone.

Perhaps Dragon could be a good starting point to make enquires?

sorry for not being much help...

Rich

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Re: Recording & Dictation Software (for business)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 06:03:44 pm »
Cheers Rich.

Ironically, we already have some sort of base license in Dragon natSpeak and it's exactly as you describe, fine for one on one but with a conference situation, fairly poor.
We switched to the Windows built in voice access which is not bad at all for a free product, but this hit it's limitation with meeting situations too.

I'm looking for a tool that can pickup voice and convert to text, be it live or retrospectively when the audio has finished. Either would be good?  :happy2:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door