All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

nurburgring!!

<< < (3/4) > >>

joesgti:

--- Quote from: MAT ED30 on October 31, 2008, 02:30:55 pm ---
--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on October 31, 2008, 02:22:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: MAT ED30 on October 31, 2008, 02:11:45 pm ---i went and i was a track virgin  :driver: :P u just drive within your limits
--- End quote ---

Yebut, not everyone can behave themselves.  Just look at that tw@t who pranged the RS4 at Castle Coombe!  :fighting:

--- Quote from: MAT ED30 on October 31, 2008, 02:11:45 pm ---and the drive there is ace  :wink: so count me in
--- End quote ---

Ahh, but it is a million times better to drive all the way down to Bavaria and the Alps.  The German/Swiss/Austrian Alps really are absolutely amazing.  And so are the Pyrennese too.  And the Massif Centrale in France.  :wink:  :driver:

--- End quote ---

that rs4 was a loan car aswell :sad: and i would be up for a bigger drive aswell :driver:

--- End quote ---

so would I, you can count me in on that one, i was probsbly going to do the alps after the nurburgring (in the same trip) make a week of it  :drinking:

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: MAT ED30 on October 31, 2008, 02:30:55 pm ---that rs4 was a loan car aswell :sad: and i would be up for a bigger drive aswell :driver:
--- End quote ---

Yup, did you see how "cocky" the little sh!te was after he had got out the car - he certainly angered quite a few at Combe with not only his driving, but also his attitude.  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:

MAT ED30:

--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on October 31, 2008, 02:50:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: MAT ED30 on October 31, 2008, 02:30:55 pm ---that rs4 was a loan car aswell :sad: and i would be up for a bigger drive aswell :driver:
--- End quote ---

Yup, did you see how "cocky" the little sh!te was after he had got out the car - he certainly angered quite a few at Combe with not only his driving, but also his attitude.  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:  :fighting:

--- End quote ---

no i have just seen the footage when the side airbags go off  :sad: what a merchant banker and y would you take a loan car around a track as its not yours. what did he do after the crash?

Teutonic_Tamer:

--- Quote from: MAT ED30 on October 31, 2008, 04:01:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: Teutonic_Tamer on October 31, 2008, 02:50:10 pm ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

no i have just seen the footage when the side airbags go off  :sad: what a merchant banker and y would you take a loan car around a track as its not yours. what did he do after the crash?
--- End quote ---

I think he got someone (his dad, so I heard) to borrow it for the weekend, for an extended test drive (yes, Audi will do that!), but then thought he would be clever and thash it on a track day.  So he wasn't even insured to drive it, only his dad, and only on normal public roads.

And I think that it was his attitude before the prang that got other peoples backs up.  Off the track, he was just being generally cocky and obnoxious.  On the track, before the prang, he kept repeatedly trying to get the back end out, and was generally being really scary, to other cars on the track too.  It was said that the marshals were going to black flag him at the end of that session anyway - but sadly, for the car, he didn't make it to the end of the session.

I heard that immediately after the prang, his cocky attitude didn't really change initially, but somone must have talked sense into him (hopefully with the aid of a few size 12 steel toe caps to the 'nads), and he sneaked off.  W4nker!

T88OMM:
Where's the footage?  :surprised:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version