Make a donation

Author Topic: Newb from Norwich  (Read 1007 times)

Ben!

Newb from Norwich
« on: September 21, 2014, 02:01:15 am »
Hi guys,

Just a quick one to introduce myself. I'm Ben from Norwich and I've been the owner of a 5dr tornado gti for the last couple of months. Pretty happy with it, its fully loaded and I paid what I consider a good price.
Not too much planned, I've changed the head unit to one from my old car, and I'm on the lookout for some new wheels to replace the monza 2's.
The car is so comfortable compared to my old car and I don't want to ruin that, so I don't think I'll go down the coilover route this time. It doesn't corner quite as flat as I'd like though so I'm looking at Eibach springs. Undecided on which ones at the mo.. Any recommendations on sport line/pro kit very welcome.

Ben

Offline mandeep_vw

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Newb from Norwich
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 07:55:52 pm »
welcome!

Ben!

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:09:41 pm »
Cheers!

Offline Yorkie92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 08:44:40 pm »
Welcome  :happy2:
If you are looking for springs I have the sportline ones and they don't really change the ride too much as I have a little girl so need a comfy ride lol.
I'm in lowestoft btw  :happy2:

Yorkie

Ben!

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 08:52:38 pm »
Thanks for that Yorkie, I think that's what I'll end up going for. I've always heard good things about the comfort of Eibach springs from the french car scene so I'm sure its the same with their VAG stuff. Good to know someones reasonably local, on my last forum there were only a few of us in East Anglia!

Offline Yorkie92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 10:20:23 pm »
You need to get a few pics of it on here! Lol
And what was your previous car?

Offline Jamminjim

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 09:59:28 pm »
Running coilovers on my Jetta I went for cheapo Joms as a stop-gap while I save for something better...so far they've been on for nearly two years with no problems and the rides still really rather smooth (i have a two year old so worried about this too) springs are ok but the front always seems to sit a bit high for my liking!

Ben!

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 04:45:57 pm »
I haven't bothered with any photo's, it's just a standard car at the mo!

I'd agree with you there,  springs do often seem too high at the front. For this reason and also that my shocks have done nearly 90k I'm starting to sway toward coilovers, although I'd probably try and get some second hand ap's rather than cheapo ones.

Offline Jamminjim

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 08:25:42 pm »
There's some bargain second hand quality coilovers about at the mo  :pomppomp: