Make a donation

Author Topic: MDI + Bluetooth  (Read 380 times)

Offline CarlW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 23
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92229.msg927100.html#msg927100
MDI + Bluetooth
« on: September 28, 2014, 03:12:14 am »
Hi,

Im hopefully going to be upgrading my RCD510 non DAB to a DAB version along with a VW BT bluetooth kit from a fellow forum member.

Only thing I'm struggling to understand is that i also have an MDI dock in use with my current RCD510 that doesn't fully work due to my RCD510 not being compatible and is for now basically acting as a charger for my phone hence why i also want to change my 510 for a newer one with the DAB function as an added extra :smiley:..

But if i were to get the BT Bluetooth kit as well, would it work in conjunction with the MDI dock and would there be any need for the extra quad lock loom that will be supplied as i already have a quad lock loom from when i installed my MDI dock kit.. Or do i just unclip a part of the loom from the new quad lock loom and plug it into my existing quad lock loom next to where the MDI is plugged in?

For now i don't have any images if this seems hard to understand but i will upload a picture if it helps better understand what I'm trying to ask haha..

Cheers,

Carl.