Make a donation

Author Topic: best place to match colour off car  (Read 1748 times)

Offline toosmiles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92286.0.html
best place to match colour off car
« on: September 27, 2014, 11:32:14 pm »
hey guys,
ive just ordered a new wing but it will be getting painted and fitted with a few mods in a few weeks so my car wont be present for matching the paint,so i need a good part i can take off or somewhere a paint code?
i believe theres loads of shades of candy white
i did have the jack cover plate matched from the sideskirts and it was very good,that was seat B9A-blanco white
any help please?
cheers
simon
Golf R mk6 R-tech tuned GTX3071r

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: best place to match colour off car
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 08:45:05 am »
the way I do it is spray and laquer the different shades onto small cards, then compare them to the car once dry, be careful comparing plastic colour coded parts for a colour match, 9 times out of 10, these are painted seperatley from the manufacturers, so have a slight colour difference. i'd also blend into the door if doing it, this way your guaranteed to get the job right first time,

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 09:55:56 am »
hey guys,
ive just ordered a new wing but it will be getting painted and fitted with a few mods in a few weeks so my car wont be present for matching the paint,so i need a good part i can take off or somewhere a paint code?
i did have the jack cover plate matched from the sideskirts and it was very good,that was seat B9A-blanco white
any help please?
cheers
simon

You can get the exact paint code off your car in two places.

First is in your driver handbook on the first or last page. A white sticker with all your details.

The second is underneath the boot carpet. Lift it up and it should be beside (or under if it has fallen) your spare wheel

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 10:20:14 am »
hey guys,
any help please?
cheers
simon

You can get the exact paint code off your car in two places.

First is in your driver handbook on the first or last page. A white sticker with all your details.

The second is underneath the boot carpet. Lift it up and it should be beside (or under if it has fallen) your spare wheel
this only gives you the paint code of your car, this doesn't give you the shade of the colour code your car has been painted in, and there can be several different shades of every paint code. so best doing a colour match.

Offline basman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 01:22:03 pm »
a decent body shop, or where your buying from should have colour chips as there are many different shades of a colour code depending on paint manufacture etc!!