Make a donation

Author Topic: Disappeared  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Disappeared
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 02:58:45 pm »
Think about it. When was the last time there was a thread or comment along the lines of "My genuine VCDS cable won't work!", whereas there are often posts along the lines of "I bought a VCDS / Vag Com and I can't get the drivers / software to work", or "My cheap cable doesn't connect to my car and isn't recognised by my computer."

If it costs £250 for a cable and software which works out of the box every single time you use it, then it's worth £250. If you have to start disabling internet connections, loading only the drivers which come on a cd, and using the old version of the program which is all you can use, just to steal something which is more expensive, then you really shouldn't expect support from a forum of enthusiasts.

That's my view anyway.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »
To be honest if you can't afford the genuine cable you can always see who is closest on the list and pay a visit. Much cheaper.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=105jkjg2u48sug5cnns68mkahf&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 04:44:50 pm »
Out vcds register is probably the most comprehensive off all the UK based forums. :-)

Offline JaseGti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
    • Remoteclothing
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 05:19:09 pm »
As I posted in my previous thread I live in JERSEY look that up on the register and get back to me?!?!?!

If I could afford one I would but after getting a mortgage I have very little money and all I wanted was a cheap lead.

Everyone does something illgeal once in the life like breaking the speed limit etc etc and all I want is a cheap lead

Utter madness
CW is the way forwards

Remoteclothing.com

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 05:52:02 pm »
Then spend the money on a genuine lead, and add yourself to the register. You'll be the first one in Jersey. Then at a tenner a go you'll start making your money back.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 08:45:47 pm »
As I posted in my previous thread I live in JERSEY look that up on the register and get back to me?!?!?!

If I could afford one I would but after getting a mortgage I have very little money and all I wanted was a cheap lead.

Everyone does something illgeal once in the life like breaking the speed limit etc etc and all I want is a cheap lead

Utter madness

Just buy whatever you want then and just get on with it rather than moaning about it!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 08:46:18 pm »
Where is @Hedge with that big bag of popcorn?  :signLOL:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=105jkjg2u48sug5cnns68mkahf&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 09:16:14 pm »
@Hedge will be alone shortly with said popcorn and associated soft drink. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:38:22 am by rich83 »

Offline JaseGti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Remoteclothing
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 09:23:00 am »
Still proves my point though!!!
You've singled one piece of equipment out of many that people have on here.

All I was after was a simple bit of advice which is pretty much the whole point in a forum.
Didn't ask for pointless immature comments !!!!
CW is the way forwards

Remoteclothing.com

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 09:55:04 am »
You want something, but can't afford it. You ask where the best place is to buy a stolen one. You get annoyed when told that stealing (or buying stolen goods) isn't allowed to be discussed on the forum?

If you look on Ebay you'll see that second hand "genuine" VCDS cables can sell for anything up to and over the cost of a new cable, so you're not buying something which is £250 wasted and lost. You buy it, support Ross Tech who do all the research, use it as much as you wish (saving yourself time and money over the dealers every time), then when you decide it's no longer needed you can recoup most of your money back.

If you class my comment as pointless and immature, then so be it, but that won't make your point any more valid really.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 10:05:47 am »
Still proves my point though!!!
You've singled one piece of equipment out of many that people have on here.

All I was after was a simple bit of advice which is pretty much the whole point in a forum.
Didn't ask for pointless immature comments !!!!

We can keep going with this if you want but nothing will change.

Offline JaseGti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Remoteclothing
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 10:09:39 am »
Didn't say it was going to change anything.
But on your forum your letting people post replica illegal wheels for sale what's the difference
CW is the way forwards

Remoteclothing.com

Offline JaseGti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Remoteclothing
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 10:11:55 am »
#Viking I didn't say your comments were immature and pathetic it's the pathetic popcorn comments that are childish
CW is the way forwards

Remoteclothing.com

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2014, 11:20:37 am »
Didn't say it was going to change anything.
But on your forum your letting people post replica illegal wheels for sale what's the difference

Replica wheels are made by someone in a factory with bought and paid for materials, on bought and paid for equipment. If they were going round to BBS factory and pinching their stock, then changing things slightly so that they were untraceable by BBS, and selling them cheaply, that would be more or less the same as VCDS. A better analogy would be as said before, where someone steals a Revo remap, decompiles it, removes copy protection, and sells copies of it to people at a cut price.

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 07:10:12 pm »
My justification for owning a genuine VCDS lead.

A genuine lead, which has been though 1000s of hours R&D, software supported by a bricks and mortar company who release regular updates is considerably less likely to F@@k up my car than a cheap ass Chinese copy with cracked software.

Simple  :happy2:
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!