Make a donation

Author Topic: REVO Pricing for K03 MK5 GTi's  (Read 8257 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
REVO Pricing for K03 MK5 GTi's
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:27:51 pm »

Just about to get my 3rd mk5 GTi, and I'm looking at remaps. My last mk5 was on a REVO stage 1, set up at their hq on settings of 7 9 and 9, and it was very, very good. However, with decent 06 plate mk5's available with 100k on the clock for 4-5k, I assumed REVO would have done what they did with the mk4 and dropped the price significantly.

A quick visit to their site left me very surprised to see that they are still trying to squeeze 499 plus VAT out of this. Now that's 600 quid on a 4k car, 15% of it's price. Surely REVO have made enough profit out of this engine and subsequent maps to drop the price now? I'd happily pay 350 - 400, but not 600, so I'm going to use this as an opportunity to try R Tech.     

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: REVO Pricing for K03 MK5 GTi's
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 11:51:00 pm »
Off topic but does your new car have a sunroof?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 07:02:34 am »
I can honestly say you won't be disappointed with R-Tech  :happy2:

I'll keep an eye out on Facebook for your new car purchase  :jumpmove:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 07:40:54 am »
£600 for a generic map  :sick:
Only paid £595 for a fully live map and run on the rollers on my previous mk1 focus Rs at Sabre custom tuning in Bristol

Sorry but no generic map is worth more than £299 although personally i wouldn't have a generic map on mine even if it was offered for free  :grin:
Standard all the way for me these days
 :happy2:
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Offline bigmig95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 50
  • I know enough to know that I don't know enough.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53191.0.html
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 10:27:53 am »
I agree to some extent but any further upgrades to stage 2  (£50) then 2+ (a further £50) even the argument out.  REVO stage 1 £600 (inc VAT) is a difficult number to justify but at R-TECH

Stage 1  - £290
Stage 2 - £350
Stage 2+ - £390

You're looking at a similar outlay should you go through the various stages during the life of your vehicle ownership.

Couple of years back I went stage 1 REVO and for me now to get 2+ REVO the outlay at £100 is substantially less than going R-tech for £390. 

I find my REVO map absolutely fine to be honest but have never had the opportunity to compare it back to back with anyone elses so its difficult to get involved with any 'who's best debates'

If you would like REVO its worth waiting for an offer to be thrown out which they do from time to time.  R-tech on the other hand, great reviews and looks like you get a lot more involvement in the whole process with some data to verify what your car does at the end.  REVO I was put in reception and had nothing except a bum on seat feel afterwards for what my car was doing. 

Good luck whatever you decide  :happy2:

Offline alexharvey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 10:38:16 pm »
when i went from stage 1,2 and 2 plus with rtech i got a decent deal. they look after returning customers!

my car now at stage 2plus rtech is 289bhp and 377ft pounds torque

dont think i would have got near that with revo maps

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 11:40:00 pm »
when i went from stage 1,2 and 2 plus with rtech i got a decent deal. they look after returning customers!

my car now at stage 2plus rtech is 289bhp and 377ft pounds torque

dont think i would have got near that with revo maps

Are you sure about that?   :wink:  :evilgrin:

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:41:37 pm by bacillus »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nv79qg96o453g0dca4l0ul48mj&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 11:41:22 pm »
303bhp..... k03? thats pretty impressive

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 11:43:25 pm »
303bhp..... k03? thats pretty impressive

Yup, k03 with stage 2+ software.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=nv79qg96o453g0dca4l0ul48mj&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 11:46:32 pm »
I would say that unusually high from what ive seen previously

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 10:21:59 am »
Some people make me laugh on here when they say REVO is a generic map and go put this symbol:  :sick:

REVO and GIAC spend thousands on perfecting their maps, try it with loads of different cars and constantly update the map to new versions.

Then people say a live tune map is so much better, it only better if a full pro like R_Tech do it, even Nick probably does nearly the exact same map on most MK5 that come in, with a tiny bit different if the customer asks.

Yes he can see if there is a boost leak or fault some where, but 9/10 he will apply the same map (kind of generic?)

my MK6 GTI with REVO is a beast - and plus, R-Tech dont even do maps for 2.0l TSI even though its been out 5 years. He needs to spread his wings even if there still is loads of FSI that need doing.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 10:29:08 am »
Some people make me laugh on here when they say REVO is a generic map and go put this symbol:  :sick:

REVO and GIAC spend thousands on perfecting their maps, try it with loads of different cars and constantly update the map to new versions.

Then people say a live tune map is so much better, it only better if a full pro like R_Tech do it, even Nick probably does nearly the exact same map on most MK5 that come in, with a tiny bit different if the customer asks.

Yes he can see if there is a boost leak or fault some where, but 9/10 he will apply the same map (kind of generic?)

my MK6 GTI with REVO is a beast - and plus, R-Tech dont even do maps for 2.0l TSI even though its been out 5 years. He needs to spread his wings even if there still is loads of FSI that need doing.

I'm pretty sure that Niki's maps are unique to each car.. while each map may end up similar they are all custom written if you go for their custom map.
I was turned away because I would have been 40 minutes late getting there. Not enough time for them to map the car apparently.  So must be custom or they wouldn't turn away business, no?

I went to Alex for a Revo in the end as it only cost me £100 extra due to a deal he could offer at the time.

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 11:33:11 am »
I've got a 20% off Revo voucher, you're welcome to use it (if it's transferable).
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 11:36:14 am »

I'm pretty sure that Niki's maps are unique to each car.. while each map may end up similar they are all custom written if you go for their custom map.
I was turned away because I would have been 40 minutes late getting there. Not enough time for them to map the car apparently.  So must be custom or they wouldn't turn away business, no?

I went to Alex for a Revo in the end as it only cost me £100 extra due to a deal he could offer at the time.

They might be classed as unique, but im pretty sure 9/10 he will always adjust the same settings / values for a stage 1 map on standard MK5.

Because i was coming from Bluefin and i used REVOs Winter sale, I got my map for £360 all in. Bargain!!!
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2014, 07:01:50 pm »

They might be classed as unique, but im pretty sure 9/10 he will always adjust the same settings / values for a stage 1 map on standard MK5.

Because i was coming from Bluefin and i used REVOs Winter sale, I got my map for £360 all in. Bargain!!!

You know narrrrrrrthing  :signLOL:

All that is just speculation  :P

Jay is right, it's not just tweak a "setting" it's full on tweak within the main map, SaintSteves explanation helps to get across the lengths Niki goes to to make sure your getting the best result: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,65077.0.html

Niki will be mapping the MK6 later on this year. Whereas Revo, GIAC etc long gave up refining the TFSI maps to focus on the shiny new MK7 TSIs, Niki is still finding ways to create stronger curves through VVT mapping, removing the Bosch torque intervention (TIv mapping) and now he can map the traction control to actually help with traction rather than hinder it.

Hard cut launch control, switchable mapping through pedal combinations. . .

No "settings" lost when battery removed. .

Shall I go on?  :innocent:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 07:09:16 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr