Make a donation

Author Topic: Andy's Reflex Silver sooty  (Read 5913 times)

Offline anduhchunkymonkey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89848.msg908281.html#msg908281
Andy's Reflex Silver sooty
« on: October 13, 2014, 06:31:23 pm »
Hello
Been lurking on here for almost a year now and finally got round to creating a build thread!

I know it's not a GTI but I travel about 25000 miles a year and therefore went for a 140TDI! I bought it last year was a late 2006 model so was one of the first with the newer front end. Originally I was after a 3 door in black but somehow ended up with this!

I told myself that I'd keep it for a few years, while I still do the miles, Keep it original and save up for something with a bit more go in it.
Then I discovered this forum and the mods started!  :signLOL:

1st was a set of black GTI Headlights Which was a small mod but made a massive difference to the look of front end

Before this I had a little 1LTR lupo (try not to laugh) Which in all honesty was a fantastic first car that took a lot of beatings and survived, The weirdest thing was that in my opinion the stereo sounded better in that than the standard golf one sounded, so I soon changed that! (also notice the Eject, Missiles and ludicrous speed buttons, wish they where real sometimes  :confused:)

Next up was a trip to R Tech to see what all the fuss was about. I soon discovered that Nicky's a genius! The car was mapped to 180BHP with just over 300 FT LB of torque! The guys where great and it cost a lot less than most tuning companies. Can't recommend them enough!

Another small mod to the front end, a set of r line fog grills

The standard wheels where in a really bad state to the point where one was that corroded that it was leaking air so I decided to get a new set of wheels. In my eyes this was completely justifiable and was a necessary expenditure  :happy2: so after searching around I bought these off of here

Unfortunately the car looked way too high and it'd be rude to keep it like that so the next equally necessary expenditure was a set of eibach springs also bought off here. I think it sits pretty much perfect and despite what a lot of people where saying about lowering, I reckon the ride has been improved

one last edited pic ;)

My future plans are:
Flat bottom steering wheel
Mk6 r line gear knob
subtle sub boxes at the side of the boot so I can use my boot again!
Full LED interior lights (just waiting for Matt to get some stock in)
Edition 30 rear bumper and lights
Edition 30 front splitter
Black rooflining
Maybe a set of leathers

Thanks for reading, I know it isn't as clean as a lot of cars on here, I'd love to get it to that standard but with the amount of miles I do I'd be fighting a losing battle! Any suggestions would be great!

Andy

Offline chrisr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Andy's Reflex Silver sooty
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 07:05:56 pm »
Looks Miles better now  :happy2:

Are the wheels Cades ?

Also what radio is it that you fitted?

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89848.msg908281.html#msg908281
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 07:16:05 pm »
Thank you!
I believe they are!
And its a pioneer AVH X2500BT, I Wish I'd spent the extra money and bought the DAB version now though as the FM radio is crap! 

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 07:22:32 pm »
Some great mods you have done. Some xenons would finish the front off  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 11:59:12 pm »
Thanks! And I'd love a set of xenons but for a similar price I could also get a full leather interior! It all comes down to money!  It's an expensive hobby!

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 07:19:20 am »
Looks tidy, xenons would look good

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline MikLSP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 09:59:11 am »
Nice looking car and tasteful mods. Will you be changing the front grille insert to black?

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 11:20:15 am »
Very nice :happy2:
Instagram - sjw_vw. Updated all the time :)

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 11:35:02 am »
Good looking GT! At one point I was looking for wheels like yours. :smiley:

You travel a lot so a TDI is the best choice. Your engine with the remap must do great MPG.

Cheers

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 12:37:35 pm »
Thanks guys really appreciate the feedback! One of the very first mods I was going to do was replace the front grill foe a black one and I bought one that was supposed to be in good condition but it had a massive crack and was quite scratched so I had to send it back and since then the silvers grown on me and I think I prefer it to the black
Thanks shoduchi unfortunately I have a bad case of lead foot and get about 40mpg out of it!

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 01:04:29 pm »
If you have a lead foot and do 40 mpg I bet you don't want to know what would be with a 200 BHP petrol engine. :wink:

Offline col

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 01:13:00 pm »
First post here folks ...

I bought a 200 bhp GTI two weeks ago and I'm getting about 30 mpg.  Is that about right?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 01:32:24 pm »
First post here folks ...

I bought a 200 bhp GTI two weeks ago and I'm getting about 30 mpg.  Is that about right?
Yeah, that's a good mpg. It can easily be less than 20 mpg if you drive harder/faster.

With my engine I'm not sure I ever got less than 40 mpg driving outside the cities.

Offline col

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 01:35:21 pm »
Thanks, just wanted confirmation that there's nothing amiss.  I must be honest that's taking me time in it.  Love the motor though,  I'll get a thread up of my own soon with a pic of two...

Offline jaffa

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 44
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90080.0.html
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 03:00:19 pm »
Looks good mate!
Did you buy the wheels off my brother trs888?