Make a donation

Author Topic: What can R-Tech do with this hardware?  (Read 10405 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: What can R-Tech do with this hardware?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 09:35:21 pm »
^^^^ You'd certainly not hear the REVO's whooooosh dissssssssh in my car on WOT due to the noise from my Powervlave TBE.  :laugh:

Anywho......when not ragging the car the REVO CAI is relatively quiet while pottering around town, yes you'll hear it but (personally) I don't find it intrusive.

:smiley:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:55:15 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline grumpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 10:04:01 pm »
...lol, ok thanks for that, so if you had a standard cat-back, that revo is going to be loud(ish) by the sound of it.

Cheers...

Offline edition30jmr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • ED30
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 10:12:53 pm »
I've got the same revo intake and it's fine, even on the motorway at higher speeds it's fine, I've got used to the sucking etc! At first I found it loud but just knowing that it's more free flowing and is going to help with the gains when I get the car mapped is all good  :party:  :evilgrin:
Ed30 Beast!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=mrcf1f6po2ksil4b2p3b5udqpu&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2014, 09:06:45 am »
...lol, ok thanks for that, so if you had a standard cat-back, that revo is going to be loud(ish) by the sound of it.

Cheers...

Whats your location? Im sure someone might be localish that could demo an intake.

Offline grumpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2014, 02:46:03 pm »
Hi and thank you for everyone's input, much appreciated.

I realise i'll be losing out on some bhp by not fitting an intake but I really don't want any sucking noise in the engine bay so i'm ok with that.

Regarding the rs4 fuel valve, if i fit one, will the car run fine bearing in mind i'm not mapped yet? I'm going to get booked in at R-Tech when I know what time i have off from work.

Thanks....

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2014, 04:54:54 pm »
Regarding the rs4 fuel valve, if i fit one, will the car run fine bearing in mind i'm not mapped yet?

You should have no issues with it installed on an unmapped car.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline grumpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2014, 05:26:44 pm »
Ok thanks very much...

Offline DeanSutherland

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2014, 10:00:14 am »
How come you went down the route of hpfp + fmic but not I take as I'd say that's going to be a very lkmiting factor compared to the rest of ur mods ?

Offline grumpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2014, 12:26:58 am »
Hi DeanSutherland,
well in answer to your question, when I bought the ed30 I had read about the injectors flowing more fuel than the normal (but still amazing) gti so I treated it to a pump.

I had also previously read an interesting article about the ed30 motor by a tuning company called mtm who mentioned the importance of uprated intercooling, so I treated it to the s3 cooler.

I have also fitted a BCS decat downpipe (my favourite uprated item) and prior to the remap will be fitting the rs4 valve and uprated panel filter.

I love how the car sounds right now and as i'm in my thirties I do not require any extra noise from a cat-back or any sucking noise from an induction kit. I'm well aware that I may be short of a few bhp by going this route but i'm fine with that.

Ps, just saw your wheel colour in a pescara thread...very nice.

Thanks.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2014, 09:18:57 pm »
Mine with ITG maxogen intake & milly cat back made 302hp & 325lbft, limiting factor, exhaust then HPFP.

Thing Niki's wife Ed30 has made good figures, but i know from the updates he has changed quite alot now.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline grumpy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2014, 11:20:43 pm »
Hi Frodo-anni,
Thanks for your input. I guess you and I have gone about things in a different way. Funnily, if you put my downpipe, pump and cooler on yours, it would fly.....and I guess if I mapped mine with your intake and cat-back, mine would fly :-) Although saying that, yours at 302bhp must feel rapid now. Are you going to add the extra hardware then tweak the software?

The next thing i'll be doing in readiness for the map is getting a new oil pick-up pipe fitted. If it wasn't for this forum and all the helpful info available, I would never have known about this important maintenance tip, fair play.

Thanks.

Offline Orc

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 25
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2014, 08:24:33 am »
I have every possible mod on my eddy apart from wmi and I have a twintake but it's a hybrid with itg filters as it's the forge filters that don't flow well and niki got 360 and 390 from mine extremely happy.

Offline DeanSutherland

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2014, 08:32:02 pm »
ah ok mate can understand i think for the sake of abit of noise at high rpm id have an intake :P
Hi DeanSutherland,
well in answer to your question, when I bought the ed30 I had read about the injectors flowing more fuel than the normal (but still amazing) gti so I treated it to a pump.

I had also previously read an interesting article about the ed30 motor by a tuning company called mtm who mentioned the importance of uprated intercooling, so I treated it to the s3 cooler.

I have also fitted a BCS decat downpipe (my favourite uprated item) and prior to the remap will be fitting the rs4 valve and uprated panel filter.

I love how the car sounds right now and as i'm in my thirties I do not require any extra noise from a cat-back or any sucking noise from an induction kit. I'm well aware that I may be short of a few bhp by going this route but i'm fine with that.

Ps, just saw your wheel colour in a pescara thread...very nice.

Thanks.

Offline Adrenaline

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 10:55:58 am »
You wont get any benefit from the RS4 fuel valve if you have an edition 30,you already have S3 injectors in your car all you need is an hpfp for fueling  and your good to go

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 12:24:25 pm »
You wont get any benefit from the RS4 fuel valve if you have an edition 30,you already have S3 injectors in your car all you need is an hpfp for fueling  and your good to go

The valve helps maintain the required fuel pressure for high powered K04 equipped cars (with HPFP). It has been proven to bring benefits for Stage 2+ ed30's  :happy2:

There was a thread about it a few years ago where people with Stage 2+ K04 were experiencing fuel cuts at around 5200rpm, the valve solves this.
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr