Make a donation

Author Topic: Passenger Side Light & Bumper Not Lined Up  (Read 1849 times)

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Passenger Side Light & Bumper Not Lined Up
« on: October 14, 2014, 09:10:40 am »
So I got a very minimal bump on my passenger side, right below the light. No damage at all but the panel seems to have slipped.

I think in the process it popped a clip or something because now the plastic under my light is about 6mm lower than before which gives the light a bit of play. It can actually wobble up and down now.

I can't seem to pop it back into place like you might do with a typical out of line piece of plastic.

Do I need to remove the entire front end to see where it's come loose or is this a common thing?

Offline joshbbk

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Passenger Side Light & Bumper Not Lined Up
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 03:57:28 pm »
had the same issue couple days ago is it the clip right under the light ? cause I've got the same issue, took bumper off and can clip the two other clips towards the wing but that one clip won't budge back into play leaving like you said a gap between the light!

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: Passenger Side Light & Bumper Not Lined Up
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:03:33 pm »
had the same issue couple days ago is it the clip right under the light ? cause I've got the same issue, took bumper off and can clip the two other clips towards the wing but that one clip won't budge back into play leaving like you said a gap between the light!

I actually lifted the whole bumper up slightly and gave it a bang with my knee and it popped back into place.

It's now just barely out of place and you'd only pick it up if you lines the 2 side by side