All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Edition 30

<< < (4/5) > >>

illyun:
Thanks for all the replies - I posted it and forgot about the thread... so many questions.

Greenouse has first pick of the plate if I ever sell the car

The wheels look much better in the flesh - I was not sure about them before I put them on, but as soon as they went on I though they looked amazing  :drool:  I was going to keep a low profile and stick the VW centres back on - I thought the red BBS caps looked too Japanese - but then thought, I'm always too conservative -let's put them on - they're a bit in your face but I like them  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

dubsport:
Fantastic looking mate, best colour to have  :P

Personally i love the wheels but if i had them i would probably try BBS carbon fibre centre caps, i think they would look great  :happy2:

Top Cat:
I think the red centre caps are a brave choice but one that will instantly be recognisable as illyuns car. Just like JoesGTI, he was not sure for a while and now i think he loves them. And i spotted him straight away at the first meet i went to, purely because of his red caps.  :drinking:

illyun:

--- Quote from: dubsport on December 14, 2008, 08:10:51 pm ---Fantastic looking mate, best colour to have  :P

Personally i love the wheels but if i had them i would probably try BBS carbon fibre centre caps, i think they would look great  :happy2:

--- End quote ---

You've got me thinking there... actually, I'm planning on getting a CF bonnet and other bits and pieces next year so CF  badges would fit right in... for next year.

illyun:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on December 14, 2008, 10:31:40 pm ---I think the red centre caps are a brave choice but one that will instantly be recognisable as illyuns car. Just like JoesGTI, he was not sure for a while and now i think he loves them. And i spotted him straight away at the first meet i went to, purely because of his red caps.  :drinking:

--- End quote ---

Thats another reason why I kept them on - they're quite rare on other cars, so my car would be instantly recognisable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version