Make a donation

Author Topic: Just bought one... A few problems already...  (Read 1161 times)

MKVGTIHK

Just bought one... A few problems already...
« on: October 17, 2014, 06:17:03 am »
Hello all, nice to meet like minded souls with impeccable taste in motor vehicles!

Love the car, but....

A strange clicking noise in the centre console, sounds like a cd changing continually, anyone had this, or know what may be the cause?
All the door trim falling out, all four doors, anyone know where I can buy a door trim kit to replace them? Looks like the foam is perished, no point just glueing on to it as it continues to fall off.
Even with correct tire pressure in the tires, I cant cancel the warning, pressed the button for ages, no beep...

Other than that, has been a fun first week!

Cheers to those who can help!

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: Just bought one... A few problems already...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:31:32 am »
Hello all, nice to meet like minded souls with impeccable taste in motor vehicles!

Love the car, but....

A strange clicking noise in the centre console, sounds like a cd changing continually, anyone had this, or know what may be the cause?
All the door trim falling out, all four doors, anyone know where I can buy a door trim kit to replace them? Looks like the foam is perished, no point just glueing on to it as it continues to fall off.
Even with correct tire pressure in the tires, I cant cancel the warning, pressed the button for ages, no beep...

Other than that, has been a fun first week!

Cheers to those who can help!

Welcome! Get some photos up firstly!

I've seen a few threads this week by chance with that same cd clicking noise you're talking about. People think it may be the headunit on it's way out. Do you leave your sat nav disc in the head unit? is it not the ac cooling fan? Search some of the threads for it, quite a recent topic.

I've never seen door trim falling out but I'd go to a breakers and buy the whole thing as vw parts would be huge money.

Are you sure you don't have a puncture on your tyres?

Scan it with VCDS or if you can't get your hand on that a simple cheap eBay obd adapter and a phone app (torque or carista) would tell you what the problem is!

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 07:47:01 pm »
The tyre light is affected by the ABS sensor for the brakes, so perhaps the sensor is faulty. As mentioned, a VCDS scan will show up what faults are occurring.

Door cards can be picked up second hand off breakers or eBay and would be a fraction of the price of main dealer prices. As for head units, again, plenty of top VW genuine models come up for sale on here regularly so when you're post count is higher, get on the For Sale pages and get yourself a nice, new one!

And welcome to the forum.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline Wooosh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 03:01:16 am »
Welcome mate, :worthless:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR