All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Some pics

<< < (3/3)

NeilM:

--- Quote from: billyboy on November 01, 2008, 05:51:48 pm ---did i read in the mag that you said about trying to use the volume UP/DOWN as a function (other than radio) as launch or summit,
billy

--- End quote ---

Yes a friend who has had a Mk5 gti prepared by VW racing for the VW race series has had UP/Down shift buttons fitted on the wheel, the problem I have is when using the hand controls with my right hand I cant hit the up shift paddle unless the steering wheel is in the straight ahead position. I have fitted some paddle extensions recently and they help alot so I will problably stick with them.

E30m3:
Awesome car Neil , and you have the exact mods i want !!!  :drool:   I remember seeing your car in the Performance car tuner Shoot out !!  8)

i really admire the fact you use your car HARD  ! !

Even with hand controls you probably quicker than any of us round the track !  :happy2:

If you want track wheels definatly go for the Speedline superturismo's i can see the BBS CH/CK being headache to keep clean/mint, i have the black edition CH's but they are a headache to keep clean !

PS did you just overtake the 996 RS !!!

also is that bird floating away cleaning your car !

NeilM:

--- Quote from: E30m3 on November 04, 2008, 06:58:52 pm ---Awesome car Neil , and you have the exact mods i want !!!  :drool:   I remember seeing your car in the Performance car tuner Shoot out !!  8)

i really admire the fact you use your car HARD  ! !

Even with hand controls you probably quicker than any of us round the track !  :happy2:

If you want track wheels definatly go for the Speedline superturismo's i can see the BBS CH/CK being headache to keep clean/mint, i have the black edition CH's but they are a headache to keep clean !

PS did you just overtake the 996 RS !!!

also is that bird floating away cleaning your car !

--- End quote ---

Hi thought you might like this from Snetterton,

http://s372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/neilmelvin/?action=view&current=Snetterton8Oct2008.flv

have had the LSD fitted since then. Overtake a 996 RS, in my dreams did get a Scooby though.

E30m3:
Just saw the vid now Neil , great bit of driving !!  :smiley:

You were eating the scooby on the brakes and cornering, could hear your tyres screaming for a LSD though !!! full boost sounds crazy !!  :driver:

using the kerbs at the end too !  :drinking:  :smiley:

Lets see the vid with the diff , overtaking everything in sight  8)

RedRobin:

Thanks for sharing, Neil :happy2:

VWR told me about your friend's car and how they arranged a formal demo of how he would succeed in getting out of his car in emergency because the race authority wouldn't believe he would do it in time at first.

With the Quaife, you'll find you can get back on the power earlier in the corner's exit. I guess you must already know that from the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version