Make a donation

Author Topic: Boost issues  (Read 1694 times)

Offline waynos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Boost issues
« on: October 20, 2014, 01:24:10 pm »
Car has been acting strange recently. From cold i dont seem to have hardly any boost. I can mash my foot to the floor n the boost gauge is showing 0. After a while it clears and i could boost away. Over the last couple weeks it seems to have developed further. The car can be warm and if i floor it sometimes the boost will slowly creep up to what it should or it would slowly creep up to say 5 psi and then take of n rapidly rise up to its peak.

As of this morning i noticed i could accelerate up to say 30 mph and then maintain that speed.but you would see the boost rise and then fall off. You could hear the boost venting away aswell.

Ive checked the pcv and this seems to be fine. I replaced my dv a couple years back with a revision d.

Checked for boost leaks and couldnt find any. Its also been scanned with vcds and no fault found. So maybe n75? Or maf?

Anyone have any ideas? It feels like driving and old saab turbo at times, all or nothing!

Offline waynos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Boost issues
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:13:14 pm »
anybody? I double checked the dv and it seems to be fine

Offline scopes

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
Re: Boost issues
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:32:07 pm »
If you have not already, try checking the intercooler hoses and connections, if you see any oil leak from the connections, you could try replacing the gaskets...

Check all pipe work going to the throttlebody...

If not, take to someone who knows what there doing !  :happy2:
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !