Make a donation

Author Topic: My latest work, not a Golf though  (Read 1690 times)

Stevie35

My latest work, not a Golf though
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:43:04 pm »
Here is my latest detail of my GF's JCW mini coupe. Enjoy

So not done any detailing for a while and now getting going again for the year with some stuff.

My Mrs recently traded in her Mini GP for this Mini coupe JCW, so as a treat i thought id give it the once over. Normally id take her car for a day give it the usual cleaning then tickle it with some lime prime and a bit of wax and thats that. This one as its black i knew i wouldn't get away with that and i also bought some new halogens for detailing and a Flex 3401 polisher:buffer:

So this one was full clean and decor, single machine polish with MF pads and meguiars correction compound. The lavished with a coating of CQuartz UK on the paintwork, G-techniq on the plastics and glass.

I was just getting cracked on with this but got a few pics with defects and some with them removed. So here goes Enjoy.

Before and during washing

All cleaned, dried and moved into garage.

Some defects on roof and passenger side rear

Most of the car was like this and quite a few random scratches too so i would say i got all the swirls out with only the more stubborn deeper stuff left but for what i was doing this was fine by me.

Here is polished results

Shiny bum

Once the polishing was complete the car was given a full wipe down with Eraser then i went round carrying out various tasks, 3coats of G1 on the glass, plastic trims dressed with C4 then the paintwork was treated to C-Quartz UK left for an hour the topped with reload. I had intended to treat the wheels with C-Quartz too but never had the time and will complete this another day so for now they have 2 coats of Poorboys wheel sealant and tyres dressed accordingly.

See finished results. :wave:

Quick reflection shot of the garage floor:thumb:

dansmith180

Re: My latest work, not a Golf though
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:51:50 pm »
Great work  :happy2:

Shame the car is fugly  :sick:

Offline toosmiles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 18