Make a donation

Author Topic: Interesting features on the MKV Golf  (Read 14759 times)

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Interesting features on the MKV Golf
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2014, 09:32:15 pm »
Just realised today on my dsg if you put your foot all the way down on your accelerator and click the button behind it, it down shifts the gear.

Redemption

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2014, 02:30:24 pm »
Just realised today on my dsg if you put your foot all the way down on your accelerator and click the button behind it, it down shifts the gear.

Kickdown.  :happy2: Depending on your speed and current it'll drop 1, 2  or even 3 gears.  Might even drop 4 if you happen to boot it when cruising in sixth.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2014, 02:31:44 pm »

Kickdown.  :happy2: Depending on your speed and current it'll drop 1, 2  or even 3 gears.  Might even drop 4 if you happen to boot it when cruising in sixth.

Mine kicked down from 4th to 6th yesterday :D

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2014, 02:34:32 pm »
If you press and hold / press the mileage trip reset button when turning the ignition on, it tells you how many miles / days until your next service

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2014, 02:34:50 pm »
It's a feature that was introduced in automatic gear boxes a long time ago. :wink:

Redemption

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2014, 02:38:35 pm »

6th to 4th you mean. :smiley:

Mine's pretty speedy at dropping gears so I rarely have to hit the kickdown button. A quick jab of the accelerator and it'll happily drop into 3rd from 6th.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2014, 02:39:48 pm »
]

6th to 4th you mean. :smiley:

Mine's pretty speedy at dropping gears so I rarely have to hit the kickdown button. A quick jab of the accelerator and it'll happily drop into 3rd from 6th.

oops my bad yes 6th to 4th lol

Offline PaulED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2014, 10:48:09 pm »
If you press and hold / press the mileage trip reset button when turning the ignition on, it tells you how many miles / days until your next service

Thanks for this mine now says service now even though it was done 4k ago  :sad1:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2014, 11:07:30 pm »

Thanks for this mine now says service now even though it was done 4k ago  :sad1:
Just reset the service warning:
1. Keys out of ignition- press and hold in trip odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side of display

2. Still holding this button down, insert key into ignition and put to the on position without starting the car.

3. Display will read "service now"

4. let go of the "0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the display. this will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

You can confirm that the service reminder has been reset, or check how many kms/days remain until service at any time by taking key out of the ignition and holding in the trip reset "0.0" button for between 3 and 5 seconds. The MFD will display miles and hours until next service.
Source: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98232

Offline PaulED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2014, 11:54:14 pm »

1. Keys out of ignition- press and hold in trip odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side of display

2. Still holding this button down, insert key into ignition and put to the on position without starting the car.

4. let go of the "0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the display. this will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

You can confirm that the service reminder has been reset, or check how many kms/days remain until service at any time by taking key out of the ignition and holding in the trip reset "0.0" button for between 3 and 5 seconds. The MFD will display miles and hours until next service.

Good find thanks  :happy2:

Offline DamoP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 115
  • 2007 Edition 30 number 1242
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,86073.0.html
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2014, 06:37:30 am »

Good find thanks  :happy2:
very useful if you don't have a reset tool
MDI Armrest & Glovebox kits
MDI looms , iPod, USB & lightening Iphone 5 leads
Armrests, cloth and leather
Retro fit Armrest 6 CD changer/Ipod dock kits

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2014, 07:24:41 am »

Weird. Iv done it twice without any problems. Once by accident and once to test it out

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build