Make a donation

Author Topic: Booked in for stage 1 remap, might do intake and exhaust in the future....  (Read 2527 times)

Offline zed4

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
    • New Forest Sports Car Hire
    • Email
  • My Ride: 2006 VW Golf GTI DSG
Hi everyone,

I have the GTI DSG booked in for a stage 1 engine and DSG remap in a couple of weeks. The car is currently standard but in the future we may decide to fit an exhaust (backbox) and an intake to it. Will the car need remapping again if we do this? Presumably the performance increase will be minimal from these modifications, so it probably won’t, but I am wondering.

I’d like to do it all in one go, but realistically it’s £800 for a decent backbox and exhaust and after spending loads of money on the stereo and Bluetooth and the remap, we don’t have the money to do it right away.

What do you think?

Dan
New Forest Sports Car Hire  - TVR Chimaera 400, Caterham Roadsport SV 140, Porsche Cayman S, BMW M135i

dansmith180

You would benefit from having all the mods on before the remap but with those mods it doesn't matter too much if you put them on post map. I had a stage 1 with intake mapped and have since done a full exhaust and driven for a few months on it since I plan to do intercooler and HPFP soon and will get it mapped them. If you plan to do a few other mods as well then maybe get it mapped again when you're ready for stage 2/ 2+. But either way the ECU will adjust to the mods and you won't get any issues you just don't get the full benefit of them.

Offline zed4

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Thanks, yeah that's my thinking too.
New Forest Sports Car Hire  - TVR Chimaera 400, Caterham Roadsport SV 140, Porsche Cayman S, BMW M135i

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Do the pre-cat delete and stick panel filter in the airbox  :happy2:

Did that with my old GTI and will be doing the same with the ed30

Should see at least 10bhp extra, with better throttle response and mpg
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline zed4

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
That’s interesting. It was recommended I should remove the pre-cats in my TVR and it was on my to-do list. I’ve had a read up on some threads in this forum about pre-cat removal and it seems easy enough. I have some good ramps at home so I’ll do that at the weekend. Any recommendations for a panel filter?

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
That’s interesting. It was recommended I should remove the pre-cats in my TVR and it was on my to-do list. I’ve had a read up on some threads in this forum about pre-cat removal and it seems easy enough. I have some good ramps at home so I’ll do that at the weekend. Any recommendations for a panel filter?

My pre-cat is coming out tomorrow  :happy2:

Pipercross Panel was recomended to me by R-Tech
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr