Make a donation

Author Topic: CCTV Cameras  (Read 906 times)

Offline samiul11

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
CCTV Cameras
« on: October 30, 2014, 10:58:11 am »
Can you get caught for motoring offences by cctv cameras? Basically a friend of mine was going too fast round a corner and ended up drifting round it. There was a tall cctv camera facing straight down the road. Hes abit worried...any thoughts?

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=or75tm3i3mauvtppdgqadfiqqp&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: CCTV Cameras
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 11:02:25 am »
Can you get caught for motoring offences by cctv cameras? Basically a friend of mine was going too fast round a corner and ended up drifting round it. There was a tall cctv camera facing straight down the road. Hes abit worried...any thoughts?

Likely story......

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 12:06:07 pm »
If, by some means of a snitch, the police were handed that CCTV footage, it'd have to clearly show the registration before anyone could do anything. Likely chances of being investigated are very slim to none.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline ukshocker

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 03:04:08 pm »
I run a council CCTV control room in central London and the chances of your mate getting a visit from the boys in blue is zero - the operators probably enjoyed watching it though.  We caught a maserati loose its back end and end up in a fence - the police didnt nick him and he was with the bent car!
2006 2.0 FSi GT