Make a donation

Author Topic: Pirelli Gti questions..  (Read 1676 times)

Offline jimmy-s3

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Pirelli Gti questions..
« on: November 09, 2014, 10:40:40 am »
I've just bought a 58reg Pirelli Gti and after owning 2 standard Mk5 Gti's and 2 edition 30's I have a few things I'm trying to find out about them...
Did they come standard with black exhaust tips? What style/type floor mats did they come with? Did they get a build number/plaque and finally what are the chances of getting replacement wheel centre caps..?

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Pirelli Gti questions..
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 11:51:39 am »
I can only help with the exhaust - it's the same as the GTI & Ed30. The previous owner of mine sprayed the tips black which makes them easier to keep clean  :signLOL:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline DamoP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 115
  • 2007 Edition 30 number 1242
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,86073.0.html
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 12:42:27 pm »
you can contact vw for the plaque, it will be free if it not already been issued. it should come with vw mats with yellow braiding on the sides
MDI Armrest & Glovebox kits
MDI looms , iPod, USB & lightening Iphone 5 leads
Armrests, cloth and leather
Retro fit Armrest 6 CD changer/Ipod dock kits

Offline jimmy-s3

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 12:57:14 pm »
I can only help with the exhaust - it's the same as the GTI & Ed30. The previous owner of mine sprayed the tips black which makes them easier to keep clean  :signLOL:

It looks factory that's why I wasn't sure! I sprayed mine black on my previous Ed30 too!

As for the plaque, I wasn't sure if it was just the ED30's that got a plaque issued..
I'd have thought if the Pirelli editions had a build plaque, people would put their build number on the Pirelli register?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:59:55 pm by jimmy-s3 »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=1sg16ao61dh4mfmtclf3ufmmn7&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 01:07:19 pm »

The GTI and ED30/Pirellit tips are different. The normal GTI tips are not chromed...

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 03:51:34 pm »
No plaque for the Pirelli's either. And the boot badge is no longer available in case you lose it in the future.

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline Burbs22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 02:00:48 pm »
There is no plaques available i spoke to VW about it a few years ago and they said something along the lines of (testing my memory here) they were end of line production special models not special edition to get a plaque but that could be completely wrong.
Cant help you on floor mats or exhaust tips but i think they were chrome like an ED30.
I spoke to TPS the other day and there was wheels and centre caps available i think the wheels were from germany and the caps were in stock at the factory.

Offline jimmy-s3

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 03:32:27 pm »
Just spoke to VW and the centre caps are £63 for all 4... Not bad at all really.
However the wheels are £660 each!!

Offline Burbs22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 05:37:18 pm »
Sounds about right i remember falling off my chair when he said how much my wheels were!
Centre caps i was pleased with though as they are a bit minging on mine and was happy i can replace them when i get the wheels refurbed or if i can fit the caps into my lightweight wheels when i get them

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 05:43:52 pm »
Mine has the standard black clip in floor mats and I believe they were standard fit. There were no yellow edged mats from VW for the Pirelli. Also can confirm there was no plaque as someone else mentioned, they were just a run out model not a special edition. Was not aware the wheels were so expensive !!!

Enjoy the car
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK