Make a donation

Author Topic: Cruise & Nav  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Astons, Porsches & Golf GTIs
Cruise & Nav
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:41:47 pm »
Okay, so i've just purchased a un-new RNS 510 and am thinking of getting VW Blackburn to fit this, a) because I cant be bothered with the worry of doing it myself wrongly and b) so I have abit of come back.

So I'm also thinking if its in at VW why not get cruise fitted at the same time?

Questions:-

Will a VW MD be happy to fit a customer supplied RNS510?

How much would they charge?

Would they retro fit cruise at the same time - has anyone had this done at a MD and how much was it?

Cheers - Phil
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Cruise & Nav
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:58:35 pm »
I had Cruise control retrofitted by another forumite (vrstu) for less than £150 compared to the £250 the stealers wanted.

As for rns, no come back. They can blame any faults on the rns. Believe me if I can retrofit it everyone else in the world can. The only times you'll screw up the rns are if it was bricked when you bought it or if you upgrade the firmware (chance of bricking the unit). Otherwise it's near impossible.   

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: Cruise & Nav
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 12:12:15 am »
I was just going to say that,  VW wont give you any kind of warranty on the unit or fitting just because they fit it...If they will fit it?

It really is easy to do mate and there is a few how2's on the web for it, also if you get stuck there is always someone on the forum who can help advise you on what ever it is your stuck with.

Id save the pennies having it fitted to go toward getting cruise fitted.

Darren