Make a donation

Author Topic: Brandywine MK5  (Read 102419 times)

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
Re: My MKV New (new pics page 8)
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2010, 02:38:16 am »
Nice wheels  :booty:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline MR02LOW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 14
    • Ironkilla Gym Apparel
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9122.0.html
Re: My MKV New
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2010, 09:50:13 am »
thanks for the comments guys...i love the car sooo much better on the hellios, there is a few changes to my stance i neet to do to get it to sit a little better but thats for next year.

its definatly come a long way since UD greeners, that was the first time i had ever really driven the car and seen the mods etc, so it was nice to get it home and start tinkering lol. Plenty more to come i think  :wink:

As for the front grill, the badge and the horizontal lines will be going matt black to refelct the same as my rear badge.. i will put pics up of the mods this afternoon hopefully once i have had a chance to clean again.

lol @ N8kow, me love you long time hellios brother!!!

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2010, 10:09:46 am »
I re-read this thread from start to finish again. Love the mods and the effort gone into it.

The Rousch alloys - would they have fit had you not slammed the car? Would love to see a pic of a MK5 with them on. The Helios don't look as good as the rims before them IMO. What were they?

Was the paintwork just plain black (and not the diamond pearl stuff)? Looks beautifully slick. What did you use?

Still torn on the front grilles. Most people go for the GTI honeycomb grilles and you went the other way. Think it's slowly growing on me though.

EDIT: I just spotted the rim in the boot! No idea how I missed that!  :chicken:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2010, 02:11:51 pm »
Craig you know I love your car, its the interior man, its the sickest by far, you should get some R32 buckets, but then you probably would have done that already  :grin:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2010, 03:52:29 pm »
Mr T what can I say it looks the dogs :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

How big do those bloody Helios wheels look :laugh: :laugh:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2010, 04:38:41 pm »
looks excellent..has stealth says its good to see you went the other way with the front end as every body is putting the gti front bumper on,I was saying to Daz(mortygttdi) am leaving mine as it is..Hopefully next year get Luke to get my boot build sorted out

Offline MR02LOW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Ironkilla Gym Apparel
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2010, 01:43:59 pm »
I re-read this thread from start to finish again. Love the mods and the effort gone into it.

The Rousch alloys - would they have fit had you not slammed the car? Would love to see a pic of a MK5 with them on. The Helios don't look as good as the rims before them IMO. What were they?

Was the paintwork just plain black (and not the diamond pearl stuff)? Looks beautifully slick. What did you use?

Still torn on the front grilles. Most people go for the GTI honeycomb grilles and you went the other way. Think it's slowly growing on me though.

EDIT: I just spotted the rim in the boot! No idea how I missed that!  :chicken:

Hi Mr Wolf, the rousch alloys would have looked excellet mate, i got the rears to fit 10" but the fronts at 10" wide were having none of it!! glad they are gone now and i have moved onto the hellios, the rims before were Audi A8 Monoblocks, i liked them but not enough to keep them! we'll see how long these last?  :innocent:

The paint is the "black magic" colour original just cleaned, it had been sitting for 5 weeks at Lukes so it was pretty dirty, just a quick bath and Chemical Guys CG Detailer and bobs your uncle.

I still like my grills, if i fancy a change i can always put the old ones back on  :wink:

Craig you know I love your car, its the interior man, its the sickest by far, you should get some R32 buckets, but then you probably would have done that already  :grin:

thanks nath, i thought about them and RS4 seats but then it was at lot of money for not a lot of gain IMO, i like my deatiled GTi seats tbh.. :happy2:

Mr T what can I say it looks the dogs :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

How big do those bloody Helios wheels look :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Ben, yh man the wheels look way big in the flesh to  :smiley:

looks excellent..has stealth says its good to see you went the other way with the front end as every body is putting the gti front bumper on,I was saying to Daz(mortygttdi) am leaving mine as it is..Hopefully next year get Luke to get my boot build sorted out

thanks, like i said before i like the grills it's just a little change but there isn't that much to do to a GTi exterior wise without going a bit OTT. i dont want to alter too much.  :grin:

i will get pics sorted as soon as it stops raining it hasn't stopped up here for a week  :sad1:

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #157 on: September 16, 2010, 08:26:22 pm »

I just had another read through, the transformation is amazing dude, loving the helios rimmage, absolutely stunning   :congrats: :drool:

oh btw.

BAGS FTMFW!!!   :jumpmove:

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2010, 08:28:06 pm »
VW badge same colour as the Hellios?   :party:

The car looks brilllllliant!  :happy2:

Offline MR02LOW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Ironkilla Gym Apparel
    • Email
Re: My MKV
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2010, 07:35:09 pm »
For the first time in a few weeks it stopped raining so i decided to have a bit of a clean a take a few pics to show the last lot of mods so here we go:

rear badge, blacked & carbon wrapped:

decided to add an fire extinguisher custom painted of course:

Jetta grill carbon wrapped:

R32 rear bumper & custom exhaust:

also decided to take a few pics of the car:

Last but not least a new sticker:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2010, 07:41:50 pm »
wheels have transformed the overall look of the car  :notworthy:
gotta love the rear camber  :pomppomp:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline MR02LOW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Ironkilla Gym Apparel
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2010, 07:43:52 pm »
This is how the car stands after a couple of hours pottering about after the pics  :laugh:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2010, 08:34:01 pm »
Loving the fire extinguisher.  :notworthy:

And normally oval tips don't work on GTI's, i have seen 3 or 4 and they for some reason don't seem to have worked. But yours most definitely do work to my eye.  :congrats:

Your car is starting to climb right up near the top of my Favourite cars on this forum.  :happy2:

Offline MR02LOW

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Ironkilla Gym Apparel
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2010, 09:06:47 pm »
Thanks mate   :drinking:

The oval tips were an accident tbh from demon tweeks, so when it was time to build the system its all we had to work with, i've had some stick off some of my mates tho lol.. like fitting a square peg into a round hole. However i like them and thats what matters!!  :smiley: see how long they last tho  :signLOL:

New wheels this week   :popcornsoda:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2010, 09:09:02 pm »
Thanks mate   :drinking:

The oval tips were an accident tbh from demon tweeks, so when it was time to build the system its all we had to work with, i've had some stick off some of my mates tho lol.. like fitting a square peg into a round hole. However i like them and thats what matters!!  :smiley: see how long they last tho  :signLOL:

New wheels this week   :popcornsoda:

Are we allowed to know what wheels you have this time.  :laugh:  Or are you doing a big reveal.  :party: