Make a donation

Author Topic: VW Transporter T5 advice  (Read 2901 times)

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
VW Transporter T5 advice
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:50:15 pm »
I'm currently in the market for a Transporter to convert to a dayvan/camper, looking to buy as new as possible T5/5.1 etc. within budget of course. Anybody out there have any good advice or point me in the direction of a decent forum/garage that sells them.

I'm currently buying every magazine and searching the interweb for all available info  :laugh:

cheers everyone :happy2:

Oh and OLI empty your inbox :mad: :smiley:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:00:00 pm by gazbutS3 »

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: VW Transporter T5 advice
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 06:53:33 pm »
I really wanted a t5 but they were so expensive so settled on a t4 that luckily my neighbour was selling!!

Im on the t4 forum which has loads of info, for t5s aswell!

Are you on there?

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=146

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 06:59:25 pm »
I really wanted a t5 but they were so expensive so settled on a t4 that luckily my neighbour was selling!!

Im on the t4 forum which has loads of info, for t5s aswell!

Are you on there?

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=146

Yes mate have joined there cheers, post a pic of your T4, what's the spec etc :happy2:

Just been reminded that Oli on here deals in them but his inbox is full lol

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 07:16:36 pm »
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=410152

They are the only pics iv got!

Currently getting painted and buying a full electric hook up / split charge kit soon with re-insulating

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 07:24:30 pm »

Currently getting painted and buying a full electric hook up / split charge kit soon with re-insulating

Looking good mate, planning on converting myself too, so currently searching everything I can

Lakes at Christmas  :happy2:

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 07:29:48 pm »

Looking good mate, planning on converting myself too, so currently searching everything I can

Fo sure! When are you going up? Im up on xmas eve then back for a day then back for new years!

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 07:44:25 pm »

Fo sure! When are you going up? Im up on xmas eve then back for a day then back for new years!

Think we go up on the 20th mate, for the week, only way I can deal with Christmas ha ha ha

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 14
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 08:05:39 pm »
I've had a T4 and a T5. The T4 was good but the 2.5 5pot 6 speed T5 was a phenomenal van....I would have another a heartbeat if I had the need.

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 08:17:38 pm »
In the last couple of years, my mate has had a 5.1 panel van we got at auction still under warranty & converted with two captain seats plus rears with new leathers, put in side windows, changed the cluster, fitted cruise, remap, MFSW, tailgate, Kenwood VW unit, spoiler etc. He sold it and recently got a 2006 T5 with 167k on the clock, done pretty much all the same but has done a facelift. I put highline clocks in, cruise etc and he has recently put a rock'n'roll bed in with units.

It is purely down to budget, buying one 'sorted' already is a fortune and less fun if you want involvement in the process.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 08:33:55 pm »
In the last couple of years, my mate has had a 5.1 panel van we got at auction still under warranty & converted with two captain seats plus rears with new leathers, put in side windows, changed the cluster, fitted cruise, remap, MFSW, tailgate, Kenwood VW unit, spoiler etc. He sold it and recently got a 2006 T5 with 167k on the clock, done pretty much all the same but has done a facelift. I put highline clocks in, cruise etc and he has recently put a rock'n'roll bed in with units.

It is purely down to budget, buying one 'sorted' already is a fortune and less fun if you want involvement in the process.

sounds great mate, totally agree, the involvement is what I'm after. The S3 is pretty much where I want it, spent the last 12 months refurbishing a house, need a new project to keep me out of trouble  :smiley:

where you based by the way :wink:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 09:05:28 pm »
your looking at ex business vans a lot of dealers and auctions will give first shout to companies like converters like teahupoo. lease company vans tend to be battered or need work to bring them back so I would concentrate on private business sales I got my Caddy through one and they tend to be looked after better. A lot of work and hours :rolleye:

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 09:12:18 pm »
sounds great mate, totally agree, the involvement is what I'm after. The S3 is pretty much where I want it, spent the last 12 months refurbishing a house, need a new project to keep me out of trouble  :smiley:

where you based by the way :wink:

We're in Durham, though there are pockets of knowledge all over the place.

By the way his T5.1 from the auction had done 31k in 18 months and was immaculate. It was £4k inc VAT cheaper than private for the same 'cash and carry' type basic van, you take a chance but you do with any second hand vehicle.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 10:29:58 pm »

Think we go up on the 20th mate, for the week, only way I can deal with Christmas ha ha ha

Christmas actually feels like christmas up there, not the same down here at home!

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 11:03:49 pm »

Christmas actually feels like christmas up there, not the same down here at home!

Just a bit more relaxed for me mate, although home isn't Bolton anymore for me pal, moved to Wales 12 months ago

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »
I have a few t4 in the past and fancy a t5 now too was looking at buying a van and going from that as have a cousin who builds caravans/motorhomes  for a living so would get him to help. You can pick up a t5 for 3k up these days if you just want a van but the blank set up is great to do what you want with.

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box