Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluetooth/wireless speakers  (Read 2024 times)

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
Bluetooth/wireless speakers
« on: December 06, 2014, 10:02:30 pm »
Looking for a bit of help or advice

I would like a good quality speaker system to play music in a largish kitchen/diner where I can play music form my iPad as well as play digital radio from the ipad also

Looking at both Bose and Cambridge audio systems but do I need some sort of wireless streaming from a laptop/desktop for the wireless systems. I will purely be using the iPad as the music source so not sure exactly what benefit if any the wireless systems will give me.

Do I simply need a Bluetooth system ?

Thanks
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: Bluetooth/wireless speakers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 10:13:33 pm »
Looking for a bit of help or advice

I would like a good quality speaker system to play music in a largish kitchen/diner where I can play music form my iPad as well as play digital radio from the ipad also

Looking at both Bose and Cambridge audio systems but do I need some sort of wireless streaming from a laptop/desktop for the wireless systems. I will purely be using the iPad as the music source so not sure exactly what benefit if any the wireless systems will give me.

Do I simply need a Bluetooth system ?

Thanks

I picked up an LG soundbar last week from currys for €198

It's 300watts and has a wireless subwoofer.

It's also a wireless system so it connects to any phone, iPad etc. along with having the typical connections you'd find on other audio systems.

Prior to getting this I would have gone for the Bose sound link 2 but I'm happy with the decision I've made.

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 10:19:05 pm »
Sonos are good wireless music systems. Link to spotify, deezer etc to. Bit pricey but great sound quality and expandible too.
Apps for pc / android / iOS.
http://www.sonos.com/en-gb?r=1
Jas

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 07:44:24 pm »
Thanks guys

I know how a Bluetooth speaker would connect to the iPad but how do the wifi systems connect ?

Also, can I play the digital radio app and it play through the Bluetooth/wifi speaker automatically like the normal saved music on the iPad

Thanks
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 07:47:23 pm »
Thanks guys

I know how a Bluetooth speaker would connect to the iPad but how do the wifi systems connect ?

Also, can I play the digital radio app and it play through the Bluetooth/wifi speaker automatically like the normal saved music on the iPad

Thanks

Typically they're just used as the main sound output so even your message tones etc. will come through the Bluetooth soeaker. So yes, your app will work with it.

The lg soundbar and Bose system both connect by Bluetooth as normal. Very easy to do

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 12:47:21 pm »
I bought an Exibel bluetooth speaker for the mrs last year.She's never stopped using it thru her iPad/iPod and HTC phone... Bought it from Clas ohlson (spelling ?)..They had a big range of bluetooth speakers this also has the NFC connection.Just tap ur phone and way you go..Quite a big range too,I walked out of the shop maybe 20yrds away and could still change songs alter volume etc thru my OneX..Its also very loud and the wife loves Metallica.. :scared:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 05:38:00 pm »
We have a B&W Zeppelin , do they do a bluetooth one . Its a great looking piece of kit and sounds great , if not quite expensive , but then B&W stuff is .
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 08:38:13 pm »
Thanks for your help guys. Ended up buying the Bose soundtouch 20 wireless system and very happy with the sound quality. Quite an expensive bit of kit but plays digital radio through the iPad app as well as streams from our music on the home pc. It also has an aux input so can play loads of stuff on and through the iPad directly if I cannot be bothered turning on the home PC

The depth of sound is what we were after as it is sat in quite a large room
now 718 Cayman S PDK