Make a donation

Author Topic: Shadow blue GTI depo lights and ebay headunit...............  (Read 14604 times)

Offline JonnyM92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Shadow blue GTI gopro vid
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 08:32:18 pm »
Looks great that mate, great spec. I'm in two minds about colour coding the rear of my shadow blue gti.

Out of interest how much was it to code it? PM if preferred.

Great mods too!

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
Re: Shadow blue GTI (Leather care)
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 10:14:06 pm »
Got a gopro hero4 silver the other month, so have been playing around making videos, let me know what you think.

nice vid, the engine has a nice rasping sound and those seats hmm
Black Ed30

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
Re: Shadow blue GTI (Leather care)
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 11:04:55 pm »
Got a gopro hero4 silver the other month, so have been playing around making videos, let me know what you think.

nice vid, the engine has a nice rasping sound and those seats hmm

Cheers mate,  the engine sound doesn't addictive, it doesn't help mpg much lol :grin:

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Shadow blue GTI gopro vid
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 10:20:07 am »
Looks great that mate, great spec. I'm in two minds about colour coding the rear of my shadow blue gti.

Out of interest how much was it to code it? PM if preferred.

Great mods too!

Hi mate thanks, i have to admit a brought the car with most of the work done so don't know how much it was to get it colour coded, i think it makes the rear end a little fresher and when i get the skirts and front spoiler done it should all tie in nicely. sorry i cant help you with a price buddy

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Shadow blue GTI
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 09:45:54 am »
Thought i would update on what I've done to the GTI.

First thing was to update the old head unit, while the it had factory SatNav, it was really dated and let the interior of the car down. after i couldn't find a reasonable deal on a second had RCD unit i took the plunge and went for a Chinese replica job from eBay. i have to say it looks spot on and comes with loads of functions. I've been living with it for about 4 months now and am really happy, the sd card function is great and means i don't have to keep loads of Cd's in the car, the Bluetooth works well for making calls and streaming music, and the satnav is decent enough, the only thing that lets it down is that its not got a post code entry facility. the only other "weak point" of the unit is it's not as fast to boot up as an oem one but its I can live with it as it only cost me £160.... i also fitted a oem usb port which works great and a cherry red hazard switch. here's a few pics of it installed

Then the next mod, I've been looking at mk5's with xenon headlights with huge envy ever since i brought my car and got on the hunt for some, but yet again finding a set in good condition that wasn't going to cost me the earth was proving difficult. so i turned to the depo ones, ordered a set from eBay along with some HID's. i have to say I'm really happy with the look and finish of the headlights, and parked next to an R32 the other day, you couldn't see any difference. I'm not a 100% sold on the HIDS though, while the look nice and crisp to other road users, the shadow's in the beam pattern from the earthing strip annoy me, i did try the 6o'clock mod but found that beam pattern wasn't much better, so i am contemplating going to a xenon style Mtec bulb to see if it will give me that xenon look with a good light pattern, or maybe hunt out a better xenon kit. if anyone has tried this, please let me know how it turned out. Heres some pics with the depos fitted.

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Re: Shadow blue GTI depo lights and ebay headunit...............
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 10:09:18 am »
Fantastic looking car, I might have a look at those Chinese headunits as yours looks very oem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 10:57:55 am »
Lovely car buddy and love those seats  :drool: Do you have a link for that head unit?

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 11:56:16 am »
Looking good. The front looks much better with xenons.
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 12:26:14 pm »
Fantastic looking car, I might have a look at those Chinese headunits as yours looks very oem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheer Mate, yeah they are worth the look especially for the money.

Lovely car buddy and love those seats  :drool: Do you have a link for that head unit?

Yeah man the seats really sold me on the car, they were spec'd from new. link for the headunit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-SatNav-GPS-CD-for-VW-PASSAT-GOLF-MK5-6-T5-EOS-POLO-SKODA-JETTA-7900GBP-/181186539350?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Looking good. The front looks much better with xenons.

Thanks man, yeah the new lights have really improved the look of the front end

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 01:11:28 pm »

Yeah man the seats really sold me on the car, they were spec'd from new. link for the headunit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-SatNav-GPS-CD-for-VW-PASSAT-GOLF-MK5-6-T5-EOS-POLO-SKODA-JETTA-7900GBP-/181186539350?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Thanks mate is the bluetooth any good on it as this is a big thing for me as the phone is always ringing lol

Offline Lyons

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 02:49:17 pm »
What fantastic looking car. Shadow blue suits the GTi perfectly.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:04:43 pm by Lyons »

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 03:02:04 pm »

Thanks mate is the bluetooth any good on it as this is a big thing for me as the phone is always ringing lol

Ive not had a problem with it mate but  i dont use it for very long calls,  they do an add on microphone whoch u might want to  consider  could make things clearer. But ive not had any problems with the  Bluetooth connection itself.

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 03:02:58 pm »
What fantastic looking car. Shadow blue suits the GTi perfectly.

Cheers buddy i love the  colour,  looks great when its clean.  Yeah you can put normal bulbs in there. Think ot would be worth while putting in some ostam nightbreakers or mtec bulbs instead of the standard ones. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:05:43 pm by cicco »

Offline Lyons

• Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 03:04:59 pm »
Also, can you put ordinary halogen bulbs in the depo lights?

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2015, 04:45:44 pm »
Also, can you put ordinary halogen bulbs in the depo lights?

you can but doesn't look like you get great light output from them....

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=85726.0