Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi...Potential MK5 Golf GTi purchase  (Read 9076 times)

Offline Jay75

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
  • My Ride: 06 plate golf gti ko3
Re: Hi...Potential MK5 Golf GTi purchase
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 10:09:45 pm »
It looks good from the pics dude, if I was looking I would defo be interested. I wouldn't pay more than 6k tho, people have to understand these cars are ten years old now give or take.
Just make sure it's hpi clear and go from there, give the guy a call and explain 6 is all you have and you won't mess him around, that's a serious offer for that car..  :happy2:

Offline VW_Jace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 11:01:35 pm »
I did tell the chap that 6k was my budget but he went on to say that he could get that on a trade in and that they are going for over 7k on auto trader... I got a valuation and it came out as 6.5k in good condition so it probably is a tad overpriced. I managed to get it out of him that 6.9k would be his best price but still a tad high I think!  :sad1:

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 07:28:40 am »
Does seem overpriced on a 55 plate to be honest mate, its quite basic spect too except the wheels!
As said in another post i only gave £7,200 few months ago for my stunning 57 plate, 1 owner fully loaded 3 door metallic black Gti with 67k miles and full dealer history etc
Have noticed people tyring ask more for white ones which makes me laugh also as its a solid colour therefore cheaper  :laugh:
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Offline Jay75

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 08:39:09 am »
It's up to you buddy but I wouldn't go a penny over 6k, when I bought my 06 plate 2yrs ago the guy said he was sick of people ringing him and offering 5 or 5 and a half grand! I also offered a dealer 6k for a nice blue one he'd just had in and he gave me the "I will get 7 all day long speech", one week later he rang me back to see if we could do a deal.
Trust me dude 6k is enough to pay for a ten year old golf, if they want too much just walk away, they're out there...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:41:26 am by Jay75 »

Offline Jay75

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2014, 08:43:25 am »
There's a few on eBay...

Offline uk345

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 04:11:58 pm »
To me that car looks immaculate. Its a shame it is white - the car really does not suit this colour. As previously mentioned, it hasn't got much specification on it at all. You would be kicking yourself if next week one with all the extras came on at the same price. It is a tad overpriced too but people do overprice white cars. Hold out for the right car mate - no point rushing into it and not being satisfied.

Two i found in the for sale section here. I appreciate that the edition 30 is sold but shows you what is out there.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,91123.0.html

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89525.0.html
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:19:55 pm by uk345 »

Offline VW_Jace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2014, 04:55:00 pm »
Out of interest when you mention it hasn't got much spec what is it you are referring too? I'm aware of sat nav which I'm not bothered about as i'll be using car play and other leather interior but what else should I look out for? I've also seen this one as well which is dsg and leather but more miles...

http://www.ashtonautocentre.net/used-cars/volkswagen-golf-2-0t-gti-5dr-dsg-bristol-201410067989346

definitely won't be rushing into it though but i do have the money here waiting... :jumping:

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2014, 05:13:42 pm »
To me that car looks immaculate. Its a shame it is white - the car really does not suit this colour. As previously mentioned, it hasn't got much specification on it at all. You would be kicking yourself if next week one with all the extras came on at the same price. It is a tad overpriced too but people do overprice white cars. Hold out for the right car mate - no point rushing into it and not being satisfied.

Two i found in the for sale section here. I appreciate that the edition 30 is sold but shows you what is out there.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,91123.0.html

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89525.0.html

Drivers bolster looks worn on the white one!

Offline uk345

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2014, 05:17:49 pm »
Out of interest when you mention it hasn't got much spec what is it you are referring too? I'm aware of sat nav which I'm not bothered about as i'll be using car play and other leather interior but what else should I look out for? I've also seen this one as well which is dsg and leather but more miles...

http://www.ashtonautocentre.net/used-cars/volkswagen-golf-2-0t-gti-5dr-dsg-bristol-201410067989346

definitely won't be rushing into it though but i do have the money here waiting... :jumping:

I've noticed that they offer xenon headlights, winter pack (heated seats etc but I don't know if that is standard with the leather). As I am in the same position as you with cash waiting I'm trying to get one with all the optional extras (would rather the 17 inch wheels but not an issue if it has 18). Full history is a must - it's all about getting one which suits you're needs and one that will be appealing to buyers come sale time.

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2014, 05:19:04 pm »
Spec could include -

Cruise control
Multi function steering wheel
Full heated leather
Arm rest with ipod dock
Sat nav
Folding heated mirrors
Puddle lights
18" diamond cut monza's
Zenons headlights
Etc etc
The white one appears to have nothing but the wheels!
55 plate poverty spec is a £5.5k car to me
 :drinking:

Offline uk345

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2014, 05:20:45 pm »
Spec could include -

Cruise control
Multi function steering wheel
Full heated leather
Arm rest with ipod dock
Sat nav
Folding heated mirrors
Puddle lights
18" diamond cut monza's
Zenons headlights
Etc etc
The white one appears to have nothing but the wheels!
55 plate poverty spec is a £5.5k car to me
 :drinking:
I thought they all had the multi function steering wheel, armrest and cruise control ? Do they come standard with traction control ?

Offline VW_Jace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2014, 05:30:44 pm »
Ok you have started to put me off the White one haha. Any thoughts on the grey one in Bristol? Seems a better spec?

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2014, 05:32:48 pm »
Yes all have Tc
Preety much everything else is optional, still is on mk7 Golf, Vw give you preety much nothing unless you pay for it  :ashamed:

Offline Jay75

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2014, 05:34:14 pm »

Offline VW_Jace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2014, 05:38:51 pm »
Looks like a tidy car jay, just a shame it's in red, not leather and a few hundred miles away :(