Make a donation

Author Topic: Someone please source me a good r32 rear bumper  (Read 2404 times)

Offline ruhaleali

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 3
Someone please source me a good r32 rear bumper
« on: December 14, 2014, 03:16:34 pm »
I have found one on gumtree for £140, what do you guys think about this one.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/car-tuning-styling/vw-golf-r32-rear-bumper-mk5-gti-tdi-gt-r32-fsi-new/1090102456

Please help me out my budget is £150 because, I am ordering the BCS full system, which if you know is not cheap.     

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
Re: Someone please source me a good r32 rear bumper
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 03:35:56 pm »
At that budget, you'll only really be looking at very used genuine parts or replica parts. Genuine parts should always fit perfectly first time, but replicas can be just as good depending on who made them. Depends if you're able to live with having a fake bum on your car... :happy2:

As well, that one on Gumtree is primed and ready to paint, which should further save costs as a paint shop won't have to strip and prepare a used item.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline ruhaleali

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 05:21:08 pm »
At that budget, you'll only really be looking at very used genuine parts or replica parts. Genuine parts should always fit perfectly first time, but replicas can be just as good depending on who made them. Depends if you're able to live with having a fake bum on your car... :happy2:

As well, that one on Gumtree is primed and ready to paint, which should further save costs as a paint shop won't have to strip and prepare a used item.

Thanks man! if I find a genuine then all go for it if not then its fake ass like Nikki Minaj few

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 05:47:48 pm »
For £150 you'll not be getting a genuine part so may as well get that copy. There are loads of copies about, some on ebay and a few on the net, all for that price. Try to get one with a seperate diffuser and with a heatshield.

I'm sure Nige at BCS would also recommend getting a proper OEM part for fitment with his big arse tail pipes.

My geniune R32 rear end (below) with BCS 100mm 35 degree slash cut tips, there isn't a lot of spare room so bare that in mind. If your still getting a copy then get the smaller 80mm tips to be safe.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:23:27 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline ruhaleali

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 06:03:13 pm »
For £150 you'll not be getting a genuine part so may as well get that copy. There are loads of copies about, some on ebay and a few on the net, all for that price. Try to get one with a seperate diffuser and with a heatshield.

I'm sure Nige at BCS would also recommend getting a proper OEM part for fitment with his big arse tail pipes.

My geniune R32 rear end (below) with BCS 100mm 35 degree slash cut tips, there isn't a lot of spare room so bare that in mind. If your still getting a copy then get the smaller 80mm tips to be safe.

WOW! thats quality thank you for that... I will stick to finding a genuine because I want the exhaust to fit but thanks for that bro!

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 07:29:22 pm »
There's one for sale in the sake section mate

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,91898.0.html

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071