Make a donation

Author Topic: Flat spot at 5200rpm on 2.0T - Does yours do it?  (Read 80951 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Flat spot at 5200rpm on 2.0T - Does yours do it?
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2009, 05:05:02 pm »

But when there are multiple cars running from 2007 to 2009 models all with the same issue.....???

errr so how many cars do u know exactly have this exact issue like urs?  

roughly 7 from the forums, so there are bound to be more out there.

Offline Revo Kev

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2009, 02:26:08 pm »

[/quote]

Also some people are saying there is an issue you guys are trying to map out? Any truth in this or has someone just misunderstood something wrongly some point along the way?[/quote]

Some people are obviously mistaken, we aren't doing anything with Stage2+ software as we haven't experienced any software related problems. If it was in the software then every single car running it would have the problem!

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2009, 03:48:36 pm »
Quote from: Revo Kev

Some people are obviously mistaken, we aren't doing anything with Stage2+ software as we haven't experienced any software related problems. If it was in the software then every single car running it would have the problem!

Dont want to cause sh1t but thats not entirely true... There are many types of tfsi engine as you are aware, some seem to be affected and its only the hardcore "tuners" who can feel this blip who are owning up to it and the others simply are not bothered or dont notice it...

Myself and pov are NOT saying this is a Revo fault or problem, it may just be an issue with our cars since the cars are running more power.

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline Pummy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2009, 04:13:30 pm »
I would think that some subtle problems may be car related, but is showing up when the same map is being used.  Like you say about the valve springs being different on MY08 cars, this may only show up after the power has been hiked X percent.

I would say that some other basic checks and maintenance needs to be done before map is investigated, however I suspect cuprak1 being the person he is, has already scoured the net for information and done the checks, which is why he has arrived at checking what the map is doing and asking the questions.

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2009, 04:24:36 pm »
I would think that some subtle problems may be car related, but is showing up when the same map is being used.  Like you say about the valve springs being different on MY08 cars, this may only show up after the power has been hiked X percent.

I would say that some other basic checks and maintenance needs to be done before map is investigated, however I suspect cuprak1 being the person he is, has already scoured the net for information and done the checks, which is why he has arrived at checking what the map is doing and asking the questions.

exactly... and again not blaming the mapping or software but it seems to only occur with people using revo code.. BUT that could be because other tuners don't touch some tables which revo do

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2009, 04:34:54 pm »
It is odd, maybe revo is being flagged up more often do to its popularity? And like cuprak1 has said, it only seems to be the individuals who take their tuning more seriously who appear to be having the issues?

Revo say its the valve springs, are all cars after 08 fitted with these inferior valve springs or is it just a certain batch?

The car will be having rigourus testing in january. Valve springs will be checked, and the overall engine components will be checked. If then there is still no cure the car will be dumped at either JKM or APS.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2009, 04:45:06 pm »
-Air Mass readings bluefin stage 2+

Air mass readings Shark performance stage 3

have any of you done logs. I had this hesitation issue with bluefin. from the logs above you can see the drop in the bluefin graph on the air mass. it disapeared with the new remap. and occured at about 5200-5400rpm as well.

coincidence maybe or related. If it is related then it could very well be down to mapping. or it could be to do with bluefin just being pants

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2009, 05:20:05 pm »
Any explanation why it should dropped? Must be a reason why the car threw a wobbly?

Keep meaning to do some logs, but things keep coming up.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2009, 05:25:05 pm »
Any explanation why it should dropped? Must be a reason why the car threw a wobbly?

Keep meaning to do some logs, but things keep coming up.

nope. what i do know is that it did it @ bluefin stage 2 but much much worse, not as bad @ bluefin stage 2+ and now not at all. or if it does i havent noticed it.

im interested to see if your logs would be similar? with a drop in air mass temporarily

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2009, 05:25:34 pm »
cant be bothered reading the whole thred but mine does this exact same thing, at about 5k, then back to full boost, it drops to abot 10 psi on my gauge.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2009, 05:28:22 pm »
cant be bothered reading the whole thred but mine does this exact same thing, at about 5k, then back to full boost, it drops to abot 10 psi on my gauge.  :smiley:

I take it you all have uprated high pressure fuel pumps? This is right in the range where the standard pump is working hardest, and the feeling you have, especially if the car is pulling boost out would be fuel cut..

Again, its pretty obvious this has nothing to do with the map, otherwise ALL of the cars with that same map would have the problem..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2009, 05:34:20 pm »
i dont have the pump yet. too much money.

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2009, 05:35:04 pm »
^^^ Plus it probably worth mentioning you don't have Revo software either joe   :smiley:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2009, 05:36:05 pm »
I take it you all have uprated high pressure fuel pumps? This is right in the range where the standard pump is working hardest, and the feeling you have, especially if the car is pulling boost out would be fuel cut..
Again, its pretty obvious this has nothing to do with the map, otherwise ALL of the cars with that same map would have the problem..
could the guys with revo select switches turn the fuelling downto counter that and see if it is still there. thats hould help show wheter that is the cause

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2009, 05:37:30 pm »
^^^ I don't think it works like that, I think they would need to reduce the boost to help with this  :smiley: