Make a donation

Author Topic: Help! Temp sensor replaced now reads lower!! Genuine VAG  (Read 31168 times)

Offline Human Joist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Help! Temp sensor replaced now reads lower!! Genuine VAG
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2014, 08:06:39 pm »
Tim. The smaller thermostats just control the warm up time by reducing flow till warm. However they will probably be worn and not working correctly because of the design of them. If your water temp does not sit bang on 90. Then it's either your main stat or the temp sensor itself playing up. I changed the lot on mine to ensure it was all working as it should.

Offline Timvgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2014, 12:03:55 pm »
Tim. The smaller thermostats just control the warm up time by reducing flow till warm. However they will probably be worn and not working correctly because of the design of them. If your water temp does not sit bang on 90. Then it's either your main stat or the temp sensor itself playing up. I changed the lot on mine to ensure it was all working as it should.

Thanks! So in my situation it is probably the main thermostat?!...
You say 'if your water temp does not sit bang on 90...', do you mean 90 degrees on the analog meter or also on digital (climatronic 19.2) readings?

Offline Human Joist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2014, 01:43:38 pm »
I was on about the dash display analogue job on every vag I have owned it been the same

Offline Timvgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2014, 02:28:59 pm »
I was on about the dash display analogue job on every vag I have owned it been the same

Sorry I don't understand what you mean (English isn't my native language). What was the same on every vag car you have owned? The difference between analog and (accurate/real) digital coolant fluid temp readings?
Who can tell me what readings you get on your mk5 gti climatronic 19.2 when you see the analog meter reaching the (stabilized) 90 degrees celcius?

Offline Human Joist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2014, 02:42:24 pm »
Sorry. I answered quickly whilst at work. All VAG cars (Volkswagen Audi Group) tend to show 90 degrees celceus on the analogue display on the dashboard. If it does not sit at a 90 degree celceus temp reading it tends to point at the thermostat

Offline Jonnyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2014, 06:03:17 pm »
Having read through all of this thread I'm still unsure as to wether my main stat, temp sensor or smaller bypass stats need changing.

The polar FIS reads about 65-70oc for water temp and the analogue gauge on the dash sits half between 0 and 90 let's say. To be honest I'm just going off the digital reading as it should be most accurate. It gets up to 70oc degrees pretty quickly 3-4 miles but then never gets any higher even on a long drive never seen it get to 90oc!!

What could be causing this issue the main stat or could the coolant be at 90oc and the sender not be relaying the correct temp measurement?

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2014, 11:08:06 am »
Has anyone tried to change the inline thermostat (above dsg) without dropping fluids? If the expansion cap is kept shut, I would think not much coolant comes out?

Offline v4rley

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2014, 02:04:53 pm »
Has anyone tried to change the inline thermostat (above dsg) without dropping fluids? If the expansion cap is kept shut, I would think not much coolant comes out?

Yep  :happy2: I did only lost just over egg cup amount. If I remember right I bent one of the hoses upwards. But defiantly quick and save fluid this way!

joebrowntech

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2018, 01:04:42 pm »
Thermostat settings could be really too intricate to manage. However, you may not find any troubles when you adjust this with the help of user manual for your vehicle.
And suppose if you do not possess the user manual too, it’s not too difficult to get a new one. Just visit https://manuals.co/ and download a copy of it online for your vehicle without any charges.