Make a donation

Author Topic: Camera Advice  (Read 5166 times)

Offline George

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Camera Advice
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:27:02 pm »
Hi all,

I currently own a Panasonic DMC-GF3 which I bought around three years ago. It's a nice camera but I've always been disappointed by the lack of zoom with the standard lens, and unwilling to buy new lenses due to the cost and the need of carrying additional lenses around with what is already a biggish camera.

I'm now thinking about upgrading to a bridge camera, are these seen as an advanced compact? I'm not into my photography enough to be changing settings ect, I prefer to leave the camera in auto mode and point and click.

We've just bought a Canon SX50 at work and I've been quite impressed by it, especially the zoom, so was thinking of one of these or the SX60.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Offline Degudodger

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
Re: Camera Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 07:49:09 pm »
I have a Canon G16 for sale which offers the flexibility of allowing the user to manually control the shutter and aperture settings or going full auto. Being a high end Canon compact the optics are or course amazing :)

The Canon was bought from Jessops last month so is still under warranty :)

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92392.0.html
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline jason_rmh

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 69
  • -Receive: 81
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 08:14:16 pm »
I've been looking into bridge cameras which fill the gap between a compact and a full blown DSLR.
The cannon sx510 has good reviews against its competition and is on offer at Argos:
http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1712483.htm

Its a little cheaper than sx50 but depends what you're after I guess.

Jas
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:16:44 pm by jason_rmh »

VCDS (Preston, Lancashire)

Offline Biano44

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 14
  • The CC GT 200
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 08:37:18 pm »
Hi all,

I currently own a Panasonic DMC-GF3 which I bought around three years ago. It's a nice camera but I've always been disappointed by the lack of zoom with the standard lens, and unwilling to buy new lenses due to the cost and the need of carrying additional lenses around with what is already a biggish camera.

I'm now thinking about upgrading to a bridge camera, are these seen as an advanced compact? I'm not into my photography enough to be changing settings ect, I prefer to leave the camera in auto mode and point and click.

We've just bought a Canon SX50 at work and I've been quite impressed by it, especially the zoom, so was thinking of one of these or the SX60.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

The Lumix FZ1000 is a fantastic bridge camera with beautiful Leica lens but the sensor is still not as big as the one of the in the GF3. Advances in both sensor and processor technology will go some way to help that though.