Make a donation

Author Topic: New Thermostat  (Read 4807 times)

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
Re: New Thermostat
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 08:54:53 am »
I had the secondary inline stat replaced a while back and that cured my slow warm up time. However I think I need to get the main one done as well now, because once it gets up to 90 it dips back down a little and then carries on going up and down slowly.

Don't suppose you have a part number for secondary inline stat? Mine is manual

I replace the main one and now I hit 90 but it takes up to 30mins on cold morning and typically no less than 20mins on regular days.

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 06:24:28 pm »
I had the secondary inline stat replaced a while back and that cured my slow warm up time. However I think I need to get the main one done as well now, because once it gets up to 90 it dips back down a little and then carries on going up and down slowly.

I replace the main one and now I hit 90 but it takes up to 30mins on cold morning and typically no less than 20mins on regular days.

The part no: on my bill was 4E0121113 and was just over £20.

Yeah thats too long for the warm up, sounds like that stat is stuck as well.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

Offline DomBacon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 10:17:14 pm »
Drove mine for 8 miles this morning to work and it wasn't fully warmed up! Each time I put my foot down a little bit I could see the temp dropping
I have a manual 08 edition 30
Do I only have one?

Offline lukemk5gti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 08:27:12 am »

Much appreciated! Did VW do your fitting? If so, do you have the price to hand? I'd like an estimate from somebody else as my local VW rob me!

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 06:08:45 pm »

Much appreciated! Did VW do your fitting? If so, do you have the price to hand? I'd like an estimate from somebody else as my local VW rob me!

No problem. Sorry, my local indy did it. It was basically nothing for fitting because they were changing the radiator anyway so had easy access to it and its quite simple just to take out and swap for a new one. There's probably a 'how to' on here if your handy with a bit of D.I.Y.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition