Make a donation

Author Topic: UK 2.0 TFSI/TSI Top 20 Leader Board Discussion Thread  (Read 106520 times)

Offline david_phillips95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: UK 2.0 TFSI/TSI Top 20 Leader Board Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2010, 01:30:39 pm »
For what its worth, Davids S3 was not stripped out. I am willing to bet if it was, he would have been a good bit quicker still, and I hope he does this sometime to prove this theory :happy2:. I do agree that it will be good to see the trick gear box and the all wheel drive work together though especially if the car is stripped  :signLOL:. I will also be interested to see how well the clutch stands up to it all :wink:

I had the rear seats removed and the spare wheel. When i ran the 12.7 i had my mate passenger and just over 3/4 tank of fuel so if im looking for better times i will try running minus a passenger with alot less fuel.

Passenger =  80-90kg + 3/4 tank fuel = 30-40kg so i could easily drop 100kg+ for my next trip to crail.

AWD cars will always run faster than FWD if they have similar power you dont need to do calculations to work that out. If you want to get 12's or low 13s sell the cupra and buy an S3  :grin:

Davie

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2010, 01:36:48 pm »
i agree with that, when i test drove an  impreza STI the other month, i found that my vRS was clearly quicker from a rolling start, but from a standstill the impreza was gripped and went.  no way would it catch up then

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2010, 08:19:17 pm »
AWD cars will always run faster than FWD if they have similar power you dont need to do calculations to work that out.
:congrats:. Thats my point for having the manual front drive cars in a class of their own away from four wheel drive cars!!!

I would be interested to see which would be quicker round knockhill though  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:22:22 pm by djhorace »

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2010, 08:33:23 pm »
I raced a fq300 at santa pod when I was bf stage 2, it murdered me off the line but I pulled it back and beat it... it's all part of the fun  :happy2:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2010, 08:38:42 pm »
If you would like a 4WD vs FWD drag time leaderboard then by all means post one up.. All the info is here in my thread for you to copy..

My feeling is that there is more than enough information in the thread for people to make there own conclusions from..

Point is that its meant to be a bit of fun, a bit of friendly competition.. Crail times are quite often very optimistic at best, but where do we draw the line? All times need to be ran at Santa Pod? Obviously for some, including yourself, thats really not realistic..

I think just take the leaderboard for what it is..  :happy2:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline david_phillips95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2010, 09:34:06 pm »
AWD cars will always run faster than FWD if they have similar power you dont need to do calculations to work that out.
:congrats:. Thats my point for having the manual front drive cars in a class of their own away from four wheel drive cars!!!

I would be interested to see which would be quicker round knockhill though  :wink:

I think the S3 would have the edge, i have never ran knockhill, but im guessing you wont be going much above 120 odds at the straightest points on the track. The S3 will pull faster from low speeds out of corners and will hold the road far better through the twisties than a FWD car. If i were to beat you round knockhill then what next...an arm wrestle??  :grin: lol

You seem desperate to prove your cupra is faster than my S3. Down a 1/4 mile, round a track the S3 will always have the edge untill you wanna race in straighline above 100 then your car will pull due to less transmission drag

As jonny said the leaderboard is just for fun, there are no prizes etc why make everything competitive and start splitting everything up into loads of different classes?

Davie
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:04:07 pm by david_phillips95 »

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2010, 10:11:10 pm »
No no not at all - the results speak for themselves. If anything I have done nothing but bum your motor up lad. Clearly they are different - both are quick in different ways, the S3 being quick off the mark but slower at speed.

I fancy going back to four wheel drive myself next time round, possibly a next gen S3, but more than likely an Evo X or Evo XI if its out at that point :smiley:. The performance you have available is so much more usable, clear to see on that clip above. Its awesome  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2010, 11:12:55 pm »
Fight fight..  :fighting: :grin:
I think these times just prove what we already know anyway. 4wd is always going to be quicker (time wise) on a 1/4 mile strip, but as the terminals prove, is slower once rolling.
Either way, it's good to see a Ko4'd S3 in the 12's at last. Nice one David..  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:28:43 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2010, 02:18:10 pm »
Will be interesting in june to see some of you boys from downsouth trying crail, you have the cream of drag strips down there concrete crail is whole new ball game. Hopefully the timing gear is accurate. Jc have you ran at crail, you mention the times at crail being a bit iffy?

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2010, 09:36:06 am »
Will be interesting in june to see some of you boys from downsouth trying crail, you have the cream of drag strips down there concrete crail is whole new ball game. Hopefully the timing gear is accurate. Jc have you ran at crail, you mention the times at crail being a bit iffy?

Yeah, not from personal experience mind you.. And of course im not discrediting the times at all.. Just making the point that its lighthearted and the emphasis is on fun..  :happy2:

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2010, 09:55:27 am »
12.7900 @ 111.67 - DSG - OEM K04 - JABBASPORT CUSTOM - TRACK TYRE - MK5 ED30 - JABBALAD

:smiley:
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2010, 10:01:44 am »
12.7900 @ 111.67 - DSG - OEM K04 - JABBASPORT CUSTOM - TRACK TYRE - MK5 ED30 - JABBALAD

Luke, what track tryes were you using on that run mate? When are you likely to be heading down there again and are you going to be running at Inters this year?  :wink:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2010, 10:07:47 am »

Thanks  :drool: Ill get it up now.. Great to see another ED30 running well..

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #178 on: April 30, 2010, 01:26:18 pm »
Just noticed my car is listed on the board as an S3  :laugh:

Can you change that to Leon Cupra please.

Ta

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: April 30, 2010, 01:50:54 pm »
Just noticed my car is listed on the board as an S3  :laugh:

Can you change that to Leon Cupra please.

Ta

Woooooooops!  :ashamed: