Make a donation

Author Topic: UK 2.0 TFSI/TSI Top 20 Leader Board Discussion Thread  (Read 106615 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: UK 2.0 TFSI/TSI Top 20 Leader Board Discussion Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2010, 05:00:55 pm »
Jabbalad's is around 340-50bhp mate and light..  :wink: But like you say, impressive! Who needs 4WD eh?  :booty: :signLOL:

Offline Sagild

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2010, 06:23:14 pm »
How has he lightened the car to make the difference an entire second compared to me... Taken seats out and stuff like that or?

With 340-350 bhp how much torque are you putting down? Is your clutch slipping (I assume its the original clutch?)

I have considered the revo file, but i am afraid of my clutch slipping and the need to replace this anytime soon... That said, i would love the extra power  :signLOL:
Phantom Black Audi A3 - 2,0 TFSI - quattro - 2006

K04, S3 IC, BSH True seal, APR HPFP, ATP 3" catless DP, Milltek CBE, Eibach Pro-street, Forge short shift, 034motorsports engine & torque mount, NGK Racing plugs, S3 Brakes, Powered by REVO

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2010, 06:27:39 pm »
lots of variables.  he was on semi slick tyres.  he removed all the seats.  he has uprated suspension so less lift on acceleration, hence more grip.  

4wd suffers more transmission losses than fwd, hence why the S3's get really good 60ft times, but the ed30's get much higher terminal speeds.

also if you have 325hp and he has 350Hp. that doesnt just equate to a 25hp deficit.  he might have that higher output for a longer amount of revs, he might also have more torque, boost might come in earlier and hold on for longer. He has DSG, do you.

he also races cars as well, so he'll have a really handy right foot.

there are alot of variables to take into consideration.  

Offline Sagild

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2010, 06:44:16 pm »
semi slicks compared to 4wd wouldt do the difference... I have better suspension to and also engine mounts etc.

I hear you about the transmission loss and that might be an important factor...

And yes the difference in performance could be vital... not the 25 hp but more likely the torque...

Didn't know he had dgs. That offcourse means half a sec or something like that...

K04, S3 IC, BSH True seal, APR HPFP, ATP 3" catless DP, Milltek CBE, Eibach Pro-street, Forge short shift, 034motorsports engine & torque mount, NGK Racing plugs, S3 Brakes, Powered by REVO

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2010, 06:47:15 pm »
semi slicks compared to 4wd wouldt do the difference... I have better suspension to and also engine mounts etc.

I hear you about the transmission loss and that might be an important factor...

And yes the difference in performance could be vital... not the 25 hp but more likely the torque...

Didn't know he had dgs. That offcourse means half a sec or something like that...

Haldex cars should be 1.8-1.9 60f times, theres 3-4 tenths on the FWD cars straight away, a K04 car with 350hp or so should be mid to high 12's no worries.. I ran a 12.6 in an almost standard TTRS which dyno'd at 360hp.. Its possible for sure.. And as Stu said, there is more to it that just your dyno sheet or mod list.. The soft bit behind the wheel helps too.. :wink:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2010, 06:52:17 pm »
semi slicks compared to 4wd wouldt do the difference..

It would make a difference.  It means that your 4wd advantage will be much smaller if not completely gone if you are running normal road tyres.  so there is your start advantage gone, followed by the lower transmission losses, means he would easily pull off a 12.7. 

weight losss will make a huge diffrence as well.   he also has lightweight brakes, and light weight wheels which will help imsure

Offline Sagild

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2010, 07:44:59 pm »
i have bbs lightweight rims and it doesnt matter it i run road tyres or track tyres cause theres is no spin. I transfer everything to the ground... But dsg and the weight difference could be the biggest factor... i think it must be there the difference is largest...

Jonny: Do you have any tips on how to get my times down. I have a great RT but i need to work on my shifts. How do you get the best start without LC? You have to help me make a high 12 time  :party: :party:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2010, 07:48:57 pm »
i have bbs lightweight rims and it doesnt matter it i run road tyres or track tyres cause theres is no spin. I transfer everything to the ground... But dsg and the weight difference could be the biggest factor... i think it must be there the difference is largest...

Jonny: Do you have any tips on how to get my times down. I have a great RT but i need to work on my shifts. How do you get the best start without LC? You have to help me make a high 12 time  :party: :party:

Its a tough one.. I didn't have LC when I did the time in the TT, I launched from around 5k, loading it up on the handbrake slightly as to not shock the transmission.. (thats what breaks things) then just change gear as fast as you can.. I was flat shifting..

I managed a mid 1.9 60ft time, which is OK but there is roof for improvement.. Im hoping to get down to 1.7's now with the LC and more power..

Or just get a Revo file on your car, that will make the job a bit easier..  :wink:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2010, 07:54:56 pm »
I launched from around 5k, loading it up on the handbrake slightly as to not shock the transmission.. (thats what breaks things) then just change gear as fast as you can.. I was flat shifting..

For an abseloute begginer, bit of explanation / tutorial... pleaaaase (dont want to break things :p )

Offline Sagild

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2010, 08:03:54 pm »
what do you mean by loading it up on the handbrake? Flat shifting is the same as WOT right?

Did your clutch slip fast after the revo file??

Offline singh123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
  • Seat Leon Cupra
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2010, 08:06:07 pm »
I launched from around 5k, loading it up on the handbrake slightly as to not shock the transmission.. (thats what breaks things) then just change gear as fast as you can.. I was flat shifting..

For an abseloute begginer, bit of explanation / tutorial... pleaaaase (dont want to break things :p )

Yeah any tips will be good, will be runnign on the 1/4 for first time at Inters :)
Seat Leon Cupra

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2010, 08:18:53 pm »

Yeah any tips will be good, will be runnign on the 1/4 for first time at Inters :)

Glad im not the only newb  :ashamed:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2010, 08:20:50 pm »
There's also the fact that we are talking about 2 different drag strips in 2 different countries (different altitudes etc). A manual K04 A3 (or S3), with your mods should be running high 12's / low 13's at around 107-108mph in the UK. Your times and terminals are the equivlent of a Stage 1 S3 over here. I managed a 13.1 with around 320bhp in full road trim with FWD (again DSG though) and there has been a few Cupra's running low 13's with 360+bhp too.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:26:13 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2010, 08:36:55 pm »

Glad im not the only newb  :ashamed:

Get youselfs to york raceway for some practice on the 31st of may like me :grin:.

Offline Sagild

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: May 18, 2010, 08:47:26 pm »
There's also the fact that we are talking about 2 different drag strips in 2 different countries (different altitudes etc). A manual K04 A3 (or S3), with your mods should be running high 12's / low 13's at around 107-108mph in the UK. Your times and terminals are the equivlent of a Stage 1 S3 over here. I managed a 13.1 with around 320bhp in full road trim with FWD (again DSG though) and there has been a few Cupra's running low 13's with 360+bhp too.

Yes i thought i would be running the same... that is low 13s og high 12s... But APRs file is not aggressive. Revo gets about 370 lb ft and right now i am only putting down about 310 lb ft... and then the 25 hp difference... 13.1 is also really good imo! I would expect to do the same and then argue the reason is your dsg vs my 4wd, meaning that they even out the difference...

Could the reason be that i shift to late? Guess that question only goes for people running manual box...