Make a donation

Author Topic: Breakdown Cover?  (Read 7032 times)

Offline Degudodger

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
Re: Breakdown Cover?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 10:26:52 pm »
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:15:42 pm by Degudodger »
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline leetdi22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 08:53:52 pm »
Give VW Assistance a call - £89 a year for roadside, recovery, at home, onward travel and European cover.  They are contracted out by the AA and I have it on good authority from an AA employee who is a friend of mine that we have priority over normal AA customers.  I was also told this by an RAC man who came out to me when the RAC had the contract.  Like for like cover through the AA website came out at over £200 so it's good value :happy2: They're also more likely to carry basic VW parts like coilpacks.  I've had cover with them since I bought my car 7 years ago and on the occasions I've needed them I've had no complaints.

From the website:
Dedicated technicians.
Through our partnership with the AA, you have access to qualified Volkswagen Group dedicated Technicians, all in specially equipped vehicles. We're also supported by the AA, the UK's No. 1 breakdown provider**, whose aim is to get you back on the road as fast as possible.

By working in conjunction with the AA, your call will be covered anywhere in the UK and across Europe 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. See Terms and Conditions for a full list of countries covered.

Dedicated call centre.
The Volkswagen Roadside Assistance team will be able to support you during any breakdown experience or accident.

With you all the way
Roadside assistance – we’ll attend to your car at the roadside anywhere in the UK
Vehicle recovery – includes delivery of your car to any UK destination including Volkswagen retailer network
Home assistance – assistance if you’ve broken down at home
Onward Travel – in the event of recovery following breakdown, where your vehicle cannot be repaired within a reasonable time, we may in our absolute discretion organise and cover the costs of one of the following - car hire for up to 48 hours, overnight accomodation for you and up to 7 pasengers or alternative transport for you and up to 7 passengers
European assistance – includes cover across the continent, English-speaking incident managers and transport back to the UK if necessary
Dedicated Volkswagen Roadside Assistance patrols carrying only genuine Volkswagen parts and tools
Trained Volkswagen technicians using Volkswagen state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment
Supported by the AA, with more dedicated patrols than all other UK breakdown services put together*

VW Assistance - 0800 777 192

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/assistance
Does the car still need to be in vw warranty or under a certain age/mileage?
Lee

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 04:34:03 pm »
I think the only criteria is that it's under 10 years old (I'm not 100% sure on that though, so best to check.  They may cover older vehicles but at a higher cost, I'm not sure).  I've never been asked about mileage or warranty when I've renewed.

FOR SALE!

Offline leetdi22

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 05:45:22 pm »
Thanks for the reply.
I've just looked at the link again and noticed the phone no   :ashamed: