Make a donation

Author Topic: Turbo inlet pipe upgrade with stock engine cover and filter  (Read 3654 times)

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
Turbo inlet pipe upgrade with stock engine cover and filter
« on: January 08, 2015, 12:52:12 pm »
So after changing my panel filter and messing with my intake I started wondering about the turbo inlet pipe.. Has anyone tried this venair peace or anything similar? Looks like a nice upgrade that lets you keep stock filter. For my K03 the dv return attachment would have to be capped, as looks like theres no K03 version.

There is a lot of discussion here about it and a samco version. Venair looks to increase power and spool quite nicely. I tried to read it through google translator.. I can see there is a shop selling these on ebay for about 119 euros.

http://www.forocepos.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-85115.html

Would it be possible to replace the inlet pipe with a standard 90 degree silicon bend (approx 66mm size)? Might be tough to get it to fit on the oval piping on engine cover but anyone tried that?

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
Re: Turbo inlet pipe upgrade with stock engine cover and filter
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 02:09:22 pm »
You would need multiple pipe diameters, not sure it would work as that and the Samco variant angle forward 45 degrees to move the MAF connection forward of the turbo inlet to reach the airbox. I made my own version of this to fit my own 90mm intake which doesn't require the MAF housing to be in the same position as the airbox.

Turbo intake is around 60mm, for the MAF end i managed to squeeze an 83mm round pipe on mine but it was a tight fit. next size 90 degree bend up i found was 90mm and would be way too big
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline JMP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 02:39:05 pm »
You would need multiple pipe diameters, not sure it would work as that and the Samco variant angle forward 45 degrees to move the MAF connection forward of the turbo inlet to reach the airbox. I made my own version of this to fit my own 90mm intake which doesn't require the MAF housing to be in the same position as the airbox.

Turbo intake is around 60mm, for the MAF end i managed to squeeze an 83mm round pipe on mine but it was a tight fit. next size 90 degree bend up i found was 90mm and would be way too big

Thanks for the info. I should also do some measuring before jumping on anything.. What parts did you use on your own intake and where did you get them?

And one thing I noticed is that Venair has a stepped transition into turbo so it will flow better then a regular silicon hose.

Offline kc888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 11:37:36 pm »
on the back of this, does anyone have the measurements for the inlet pipe to maf holder?

I'm sure the maf side is around 70mm, but what about the turbo side?

cheers :happy2: