Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy White more door  (Read 4783 times)

Offline jonesyiom

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Candy White more door
« on: January 10, 2015, 08:30:46 pm »
Hi all, just a brief on my new purchase.
By this time next week I'll have my new motor back on the island, a Candy 07 DSG.
Spec is: multifunction wheel, high line, sunroof, adjustable electric drivers seat.

As much as I wanted a 2 door I had to be slightly practical and go for 4 as its way easier getting my son into his car seat.

I've just sold my 06 black GTI as I had my mind set on a Golf with a few extra factory fitted options. I searched far and wide then this little bad boy appeared.

It's bog standard but I have a plan that will change that. It's not a cunning plan just a pricey one, and one the missus will never know the true cost.

So today I made my first purchase, an Evoms CAI. Cant wait to fit it next Sunday, weather permitting.
I have a list of mods to do and I'll attempt to keep this thread updated as frequently as poss.

Next up will be a set of H&R lowering springs.
After that will be a Powerflow non cat full system
Then I'll get it mapped. Not sure who by but someone in the north west'I should of the UK would be handy.
I'll also get a twintercooler, more than likely before the remap.

Some interior mods to do are a few basics really. Seat inserts, window and light control switch upgrade and fit an RNS510.
I'll also get the wheels changed to Black. Plastidip spray cans me thinks as I saw a thread the other day where's forum member did a belting job.

My aim is to get close to 300bhp or there abouts so am guessing on the right lines.

That's about it for now but if you think I've missed a trick on any vitals then let me know.
I've only got one pic am afraid, so apologies in advance and I'll have to load it on a separate response......my bad.

Cheers
Jonesy

Offline Shoy1980

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Candy White more door
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 08:39:41 pm »
Welcome to the more door Candy White club. I'm on H&R springs as well :D

Offline jonesyiom

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 08:42:58 pm »
Ta daaa:

Offline jonesyiom

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 08:47:27 pm »
Cheers dude. H&R seem to be bang on the money.
It was a close run between them and Apex but I saw comments on a nose down stance from the Apex.
The speed bumps we have over here would finish it off.

Offline Dave(tm)

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89462.0.html
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 08:51:14 pm »
Welcome  :happy2:

Where abouts in the North West are you?

Dave

Offline jonesyiom

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 08:58:37 pm »
Hi Dave,

Am actually in the Isle of Man. The North west is just handiest for me as the ferry from the island docks in Liverpool or Birkenhead.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Jonesy

Offline Jcarroll

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 05:58:12 pm »
APM Customs in Queensferry are very good for mapping etc. About 20 minutes from Birkenhead.

Offline jonesyiom

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 03:31:34 pm »
Thanks for that Jcarroll - that will be really handy when it comes to the remap.
By way of an update I have now made 2 purchases.
1) Evoms CAI is on its way - should be here next week and;
2) today I've just ordered a set of H&R 30mm lowering springs from AKS. Great price, and that included P&P to the Isle of Man - many thanks to AKS, great service.

Finally....I head off on my travels tomorrow, first by plane to Liverpool, then by Taxi to the train station, then by train, stay in hotel in Milton Keynes, collect car Saturday moning and then finally I return home by boat back to the Island on Saturday lunchtime:jumping:

Hoping to get a few pics up on Sunday evening.
Jonesy

Offline jonesyiom

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 08:41:10 pm »
Switch set arrived today. They looks fine but lets see if they work when after I've fitted them.
I bought cheap but may regret it, c'est le vie Rodney.

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 09:51:15 am »
Switch set arrived today. They looks fine but lets see if they work when after I've fitted them.
I bought cheap but may regret it, c'est le vie Rodney.

where did you get the switched from? and let us know how they work out, been thinking of changing mine.

Offline jonesyiom

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 10:51:24 am »
Here is the Ebay link pal: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK5-6-Jetta-CC-Passat-Tiguan-CHROME-Window-Headlight-Mirror-Switch-SET-/251776862774?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item3a9f120a36#ht_726wt_1263
Not sure is that will work or not, if not the seller is we_care_vw.
And I've just relise dthat they came from Turkey. I dont think Turkey is a Hotbed for manufacturing car parts so I wont roast them until I've treid them  :party:

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 03:02:49 pm »
Here is the Ebay link pal: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK5-6-Jetta-CC-Passat-Tiguan-CHROME-Window-Headlight-Mirror-Switch-SET-/251776862774?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item3a9f120a36#ht_726wt_1263
Not sure is that will work or not, if not the seller is we_care_vw.
And I've just relise dthat they came from Turkey. I dont think Turkey is a Hotbed for manufacturing car parts so I wont roast them until I've treid them  :party:

Cheers mate, I'll let you try them out first then lol

Offline MKT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 04:19:52 pm »
Nice car mate. I too am in the 5 door candy white club! So I'll be keeping a keen eye on your thread.

I have painted my rims gloss black & Colour coded the skirts & bumpers but left the mid section of the rear diffuser black along with the mid section of the front splitter. It actually sets it off really well.

Offline jonesyiom

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 07:51:36 am »
Morning all.
Well after a long evening of travel my new car is now sat in the Novotel carpark in Milton Keynes. I've now got a 3hr drive to Birkenhead, so that will give me a chance to see how it stacks up.

Yep MKT,  my rims will be changing colour in the near future, more than likely to Black.
Once i get the majority of the engine mods completed then I'll move onto the exterior .
Right am off for a driv now...a 3hr one...Zzzzzz

Offline jonesyiom

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 10:38:11 am »
Well the deal was struck and the car was paid for at 1130pm Friday night in a hotel car park...standard.
8am Saturday morning I left Milton Keynes behind and headed back on a 3ish hour drive back to Merseyside. This gave me a great opportunity to really see how she held together, what rattled, what knocked and where did that squeak come from.
Well I am pleased to say none of the above raised their squeaky rattly heads, happy days.
On to the car itself and what am happy with:
Paintwork: really clean, no hazing or Bird Poo stains......however I did notice yesterday that the lower (nearest the wheel)  section on the top of each front wheel arch has some minor bubbling.
Engine / DSG Gearbox: No smoke, feels really tight, kicks up and down nicely and I’ve not had any jumping into 1st gear whilst slowing for roundabouts yet.
Interior: Exceptionally clean. Bolsters are firm and there is no noticeable wear at all to the driver’s side. The lumbar support works fine as does the electric seat functions on the driver’s side. It’s been well looked after.
Brakes: All good up front as it’s just had new discs and pads. The rear may need adjusting slightly but maybe that’s just me not liking the handbrake going more that 3 clicks.
Suspension: Seems really compliant. Not overtly stiff, soaks up the bumps, not much roll. Will be interested to see what it’s like when the H&R go on.
What it’s missing:
Heated seats – I can live without this but it’s just a nice to have, plus it fills out the spaces on the control panel
Hill hold assist – I had this on my 06 GTI but this model is a 07 and it does not have it. Don’t know if this can be retro fitted or not. I’ve had a search on the forum but there is no real conclusive answer...can it?
It’s missing the “Dual” climate function from the climate control panel. Is it common to switch to a Mk6 climate control panel? If so, is there a list of required part numbers?
What it’s got that am not a fan of:
Kufatec Bluetooth thingyio:
Pain in the arse to access – just seems that there are too many functions / options
The Highline constantly displays the “Speed control” warning, unless I change the display to the Kufatec one, the one that shows the water temp, oil tem, boost etc – not sure how to change this especially when coupled with the below issue
The multi-function steering wheel stalk (Right one) is devoid of any multi-function. Not sure if this is down to the Kufatec.
I’ll get some pictures up soon. It’s just been mayhem since I arrived back on the Island, so apologies in advance.

Jonesy