Make a donation

Author Topic: Sonos playbar advice!  (Read 1723 times)

Offline 18Edition30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
Sonos playbar advice!
« on: January 05, 2015, 08:34:55 pm »
Just bought a Play 3 sonos speaker, but now thinking should I have gone whole hog for the Playbar?

I'm after a sound bar as well really but can't justify the £600 tag to the missus, yet!

Any one have any experience with them?

Offline phillips

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,83810.msg861989.html#msg861989
Re: Sonos playbar advice!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 09:37:33 pm »
We have the sonos play 5 went for that over the play 3 due to it having a sub speaker built in so gives better depth of sound. It has a sub, two mids and two tops all in the on unit.

We couldn't justify the sound bar either but friend of ours has got it and it sounds awesome but I'm not sure it's £250 worth better than the play 5. Only advantage of the bar is you can link your TV whereas I'm currently not able to!

I'm sure when some funds allow we will get a bar as well having said all the above lol

VW Jetta DSG, Revo Stage 2, Some Mods Nothing Exciting!

Full VCDS for anyone that needs a little help :)

Offline Mandy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 10:03:11 pm »
My bf recently sold his Samsung sound bar for a Sonos one and says the sound quality is much better. Got him 2 Play 1's and and the sub for Xmas and it's definitely more than enough to cause a headache especially when combined with cod or fifa. Too much noise and boom... :rolleye:
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline 18Edition30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 10:21:07 pm »
Can't help but think ill end up having one! Might just keep the play 3 as well!

That R is sweet Mandy!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 08:14:32 am »
Sonos kit is very good. Looking at a couple of grand for a full surround setup though aren't you? Especially if you go for Play 3s.

Offline Cossie Killer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 10:34:17 am »
I was put off the playbar due to the fact I'd chased the wall out when fitting our TV to hide all the HDMI, Lan cabling etc, and didn't like the thought of the wiring from the bar to tv being on show.

I've got 2 play3's upstairs, 1 play5 in the lounge and a play1 in the kitchen.... I rate them but have had an issue with my Play5 which took several months to sort!

After doing some research last year, if I go for something like this in the next house, I'd be erring more towards the Yamaha soundbar for the money.

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 09:17:59 pm »
I have seen a few in different homes and shops and think it the business, check gumtree there always seem to be a lot off sonos stuff on there, saving for my playbar.

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 09:48:23 pm »
Sonos stuff is cracking. When my parents built their house (8 years ago) they put in a full Sonos System coupled with some Marantz e.t.c components, still absolutely brilliant quality today

Personally I think the app is one of the best things with Sonos, plenty of options with it
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........