Make a donation

Author Topic: Have you ran your car on different dynos-What did you get??  (Read 4804 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Have you ran your car on different dynos-What did you get??
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 11:40:55 am »
misread your post then,

you made 240bhp on dyno dynamics rollers 270bhp on a maha dyno
Domt made 322bhp on dyno dynamics rollers 368bhp on a maha Dyno

so already just with these two results that the maha dyno reads about 11-12 percent more than dyno dynamics.

Thats the sort of thing I want to see.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 11:55:32 am »
misread your post then,

you made 240bhp on dyno dynamics rollers 270bhp on a maha dyno
Domt made 322bhp on dyno dynamics rollers 368bhp on a maha Dyno

so already just with these two results that the maha dyno reads about 11-12 percent more than dyno dynamics.

Thats the sort of thing I want to see.

True, but I don't think you can apply these types of adjustments rationally across different dyno platforms as there are just too many variables involved, many of which are down to the operator and may not be reliably replicated. I take them with a pinch of salt really - if you want to check true relative figures then just keep using the same dyno with the same operator, with the same air pressure in tyres, same securing of the car on the dyno, same atmospheric pressure etc....  :wink:

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 12
  • Different
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 12:16:00 pm »
*When* my car was working correctly, i geot almost the same figure on Awesomes DD and AMD technics dyno, cant remember the type?
That was whp and bhp figures.
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 12:18:06 pm »
awesome use a dyno Jet. and from above AMD use a dimtek

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Different
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2009, 12:22:24 pm »
Yes sorry thats it :)

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2009, 12:35:20 pm »
well it seems theres a lot of strange results going on across the board..

if my car made 360 @ AMD then at surrey RR dyno dynamics i can expect 320 ish and still be happy ? Who knows... its a strange one, people look too much into the figures.

The horsepower and torque available from a normally aspirated internal combustion engine are dependent upon the density of the air... higher density means more oxygen molecules and more power... lower density means less oxygen and less power.

The relative horsepower, and the dyno correction factor, allow mathematical calculation of the affects of air density on the wide-open-throttle horsepower and torque. The dyno correction factor is simply the mathematical reciprocal of the relative horsepower value.

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2009, 12:40:09 pm »
im tempted to go to AMD again though and see what my car is making now. as ive till got all my dyno sheets from before. just dubious to know if they will enter the details in correctly this time as a pose to the last two times. They said it was an issue with the software which might be true,

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 12:48:18 pm »

There any reputable rollers in Germany sy.  I used to go to H&G Tuning bt they didnt hae a RR

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 12:58:53 pm »
Unless you pull your engine out and bench dyno it you wont ever get an accurate figure.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 01:17:10 pm »
Unless you pull your engine out and bench dyno it you wont ever get an accurate figure.

Which is why I use JKM - they had an engine bench dyno'd to compare with their DD rollers and it was very accurate when looking athe comparison. A variation of 0.72% on 'peak' power and 3% on the 'peak' torque level. I know it has been posted before, but for those that are interested in this sort of thing and want to understand more about the technical varaible in dyno processes take a look at this - http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/dynotesting.htm

Dom

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 01:25:40 pm »
your all completely missing the point of why i started this thread.

it wasnt about what dyno is more accurate than another, or why dynos ae used, and whats more important figures or drivability.

it was to get a comparison of how they compare to each other on average so in the fututre when someone posts a dyno graph up from a dyno thatyou havent taken yours to before, you could gauge what it would be ROUGHLY to the dyno sheet of your own car

for example if you had a stage 2+ ko4 and had 320bhp on a DD roller, then someone posted their graph up from a maha which was 360bhp. rather than saying thats not worth the paper its printed on you could think well the maha is usually about 11 percent higher figures than a DD roller. so actually they are pretty similar in output.

this is a rough guide but it can be a guide none the less to a certain degree. assuming all the data has been entered correctly

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Different
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 01:30:18 pm »
When i was a t jabba last, mmy RR figures were really low, so they adjusted the loading figures and the bhp went up. they explained why but not sure I ever understood. why can yo jusy adjust the loading figures willy nilly like that?

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 02:07:36 pm »
your all completely missing the point of why i started this thread.

it wasnt about what dyno is more accurate than another, or why dynos ae used, and whats more important figures or drivability.

it was to get a comparison of how they compare to each other on average so in the fututre when someone posts a dyno graph up from a dyno thatyou havent taken yours to before, you could gauge what it would be ROUGHLY to the dyno sheet of your own car

for example if you had a stage 2+ ko4 and had 320bhp on a DD roller, then someone posted their graph up from a maha which was 360bhp. rather than saying thats not worth the paper its printed on you could think well the maha is usually about 11 percent higher figures than a DD roller. so actually they are pretty similar in output.

this is a rough guide but it can be a guide none the less to a certain degree. assuming all the data has been entered correctly
Don't think we are - you can't just say correct dyno x by this factor to give realistic bhp - too many variable's. Dyno discussions will always end up having a healthy discussion like this IMHO, dyno talk = can of worms.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 04:01:16 pm »

Don't think we are - you can't just say correct dyno x by this factor to give realistic bhp - too many variable's. Dyno discussions will always end up having a healthy discussion like this IMHO, dyno talk = can of worms.

i see your point and I do agree. there are a lot of variables to take into consideration that can skew the results.
as i said though im still interested to see how they compare to each other.

Cant agree more on the fact that if someone mentions the word 'DYNO' then all hell breaks loose. :wink:

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 04:17:12 pm »
Superchips = 230BHP & 241FTlbs standard GTi= load of crap  :laugh:

Although the wheel power did seem right for a standard GTi of 161 BHP
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.