Make a donation

Author Topic: Planning a trip to Spa for the F1  (Read 1110 times)

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 17
Planning a trip to Spa for the F1
« on: January 19, 2015, 01:47:17 pm »
Hello everyone,

For the last few years a few mates and I have made the trip over to Holland for MIVW, however with the show potentially not going ahead this year we're looking at other options.

One of the things we have discussed is going to Spa for the Grand Prix, from what I've already read online it's an easy enough drive over, accommodation is easy enough to come by and the Bronze ticket looks a good option (as long as you don't mind being there early).

So my questions are these....

Has anyone been before? If so any tips? Any accommodation tips? Are there any particular routes that people would recommend? My experience of the roads in Belgium is that generally they're flat and boring, anything to make the drive over a big more exciting would be good!

Cheers in advance!

Dom

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510

Kam88

Re: Planning a trip to Spa for the F1
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 02:25:40 pm »
I have been to silverstone, Nurburgring and Monaco and best time ever great stuff one thing is take some chairs with you otherwise it's a very long stand. Food and drink something to entertain you as you usually get there good few hours before.

Offline Stevepd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 03:56:51 pm »
Yep did Spa 2 years ago. I just took the autobahn route to get there which is easy enough. Bronze tickets are fine and we went up to le comb at the end of the straight. As mentioned there is loads to see and eat and drink. We stayed in Germany 30 mins away as I couldn't find any local accommodation. Do not stay in the camping fields as you will get zero sleep and may miss the race, the party all night and it's very noisey, but you pays your money.

Steve.
Standard 5 Door Shadow blue.

Offline dom069

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 05:03:23 pm »
Thanks for the replies, I hadn't thought of looking for accommodation in Germany so that's definitely something I'll look in to. I don't think we'd consider camping to be honest, so a hotel would be the best option. I've been to watch BTCC a few times at Donnington so know the importance of a camping chair :happy2:

Also realised that I should have posted this in Random chat really...if a moderator could move it for me it would be appreciated :drinking:

BC Racing Coilovers : R32 Rear Bumper : Milltek Cat Back : R32 Rear Lights : S3 Brakes : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : 18" BBS CH : De-Wipered : Bluefin Remap : Pipercross Filter : S3 Short Shifter : Powerflex Wishbone Bushes : MK6 Steering Wheel : RCD510