Make a donation

Author Topic: All issues fixed  (Read 1123 times)

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,103290.0.html
All issues fixed
« on: January 17, 2015, 06:06:59 pm »
So last Sunday I fitted my newsouth performance boost gauge to the gti which was quite easy to fit and I must say it looks quality.

So knowing there was a something not quite right with the car as the boost felt quite flat, i took it for a drive around the block to see what boost I was running. So the outcome was 7psi but I had read somewhere that it should be between 10-12 psi so I was pretty sure the DV was buggered.

I had already brought the DV+ from AMD also brought a new pcv, the pipe and gasket, got a cam follower and spark plugs.  Problem was I didn't want to fit them last week as it was booked into ridgeway bodyshop Monday ( for the second time) lol.

Well I picked the car up today and the sun came out so I decided to get it all fitted started with the pcv which was a nice easy job and found that it looked warped compared to new.

Then moved onto the cam follower which was a little tricky but got there in the end lol. I didn't get any pics of removing it as my hands were covered in petrol and oil  :signLOL: but here's the old 1.

Then moved onto the spark plugs, you could hear a popping sound from the exhaust on idle as if  it has a slight misfire but has no codes. I'm guessing it was this plug causing it

Then we removed the DV and found it looking like this

So I got my DV+ fitted

The instructions said  to put some oil on but think I went ott lol so I cleaned it off and done it again.

Took it out for a drive and woooooow what an amazing difference I have boost :driver: pulls like a train and is now boosting at 14psi  :happy2:

We had a polo come into the bodyshop I work at and we wrote it off due to it being beyond economic repair so I removed the aerial before it went to salvage  :P

Kam88

Re: All issues fixed
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 06:09:46 pm »
How much were the parts mate ?

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 06:18:31 pm »
The DV+ cost me £102 Iirc - AMD
Cam follower was £25.60 - euro Asian parts uk ltd
Spark plugs £28.32 - euro car parts
Pcv £30.73 - tps
Pcv hose £14.86 - tps
Pcv gasket £13.32 - tps
Aerial -£free l :signLOL:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:30:38 pm by TAPPY »

Offline GTIEagles

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 08:41:59 pm »
Sounds like a satisfying day! What mileage was the cam follower on? First time it's been replaced?

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 09:20:55 pm »
 Yeah it was a very satisfying. I just changed it on 92k but it looked like it had been done before as iv seen worse than mine on less miles lol

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 10:18:58 am »
Soon as i bought my car in August last year I carried out all these jobs on mine to try fool proof the reliability with known issues the best I could but then other things started to fook up like seized calipers, air conditioning and thermostat are just a few to mention  :sick:
Absolute nightmare at times these Golf's but still a great great car  :driver:
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Offline TAPPY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 10:32:26 am »
Yeah these seemed to be the things I was trying to fool proof as we'll but I know I have an air con issue as mine doesn't work but I know the problem which is a pressure switch just haven't got around to doing It at the mo, but it is next on the long list of things to do