Make a donation

Author Topic: BCS and Revo  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
BCS and Revo
« on: January 23, 2015, 08:53:21 pm »
Evening chaps,

Right, first things first. Going straight to stage 2 on revo basically.

Car is standard GTI at the moment, and i was only planing on going stage 1 with a tbe, but then decided to put an intake on it and go stage 2, but i have spent weeks on end deciding which exhaust to go with, settled a few weeks back on a full bcs with powervalve, but i am becoming impatient waiting on a group buy to get 20% off! Do bcs offer the forum a discount anyway? they seem to have 10% off on their site, and if they offered any other discount on top of that, i will order it this week! Also, does anyone know if i would need to take the car to them to have the powervalve system fitted or can it be done at home?

Then there's the intake! I have settled on a revo one. Problem is, you can't buy it from their website, plus it lists it for k04? Do i need to buy it from there, or can i get it anywhere else?

Thanks guys!

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: BCS and Revo
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:54:30 pm »
sorry, just realised, put this in the wrong section, can a mod please move it to the modifications please?

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 09:08:46 pm »
Ring @nige bcs and he'll do you a great deal - if you can't wait for the next group buy.

Try a search on the Internet, loads of places sell the Revo intake.

If you are going Revo stage 2, make sure you replace the HPFP too. Even though REVO don't say its a requirement, your stock HPFP will struggle to maintain the required fuelling. a few guys on the forum have had this problem.
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 09:11:24 pm »
mmmm, thing is, i am really stretching it to just afford the intake, so thought i would be ok without the hpfp as that another big cost which i thought was only required for stage 2+??

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 09:15:28 pm »
Was just about to write the same as Gray re all the above stuff.

Get the REVO (or EVOMS) CAI first and a REVO stage 1 map and enjoy. When monies allow get the Powervlave and for only an additional £50 it's a REVO stage 2 map. Even a standard car will benefit from a HPFP and also a IC let a lone a tuned one but not essential for a REVO stage 2.

(Personally Id say R-Tech for tuning but thats just me)

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 09:20:56 pm »
I take it i can buy the pump internals -£300 and fit them? Is it pretty straight forward? surely i could go for a stage 1+ (i know there isn't, but you know what i mean) with the tbe and intake? then pay the extra £50 in the summer for stage 2?

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 09:34:59 pm »
Was just about to write the same as Gray re all the above stuff.

Get the REVO (or EVOMS) CAI first and a REVO stage 1 map and enjoy. When monies allow get the Powervlave and for only an additional £50 it's a REVO stage 2 map. Even a standard car will benefit from a HPFP and also a IC let a lone a tuned one but not essential for a REVO stage 2.

(Personally Id say R-Tech for tuning but thats just me)

:happy2:

meant to say, going revo as they are local, plus, my brother knows the guys and has just had his octavia vrs done with them!

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 09:36:36 pm »
Yeap, your right re stage 1+. I had a R-Tech stage 1+ map with a REVO CIA and BCS Powervlave as the only mods as their stage 2 maps require a Intercooler.

I would recommend a Intercooler and HPFP as both these will be of benefit to your car.

Can't comment on internals or fitting, I bought a LOBA pump.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 09:43:50 pm »
ok, thank for that, really confused now, as at first i was under the impression from reading and reading and reading that really all that is needed for a stage 2 is the tbe and a cai is recommended, now thats not even enough! So realistically, with a stage 1+, would i still be looking at circa 250-260 bhp and 280/290lb/ft?

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 09:50:28 pm »
It's covered in here: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,9988.0.html

@RedRobin fitted an intake and exhaust system with Revo stage 2 and after a while his power dropped. JKM traced the fault to the HPFP struggling to meet the fuel demands. An APR HPFP Fixed the problem  :happy2:

@rich83 noticed similar with his Ed30 (same level of tune).

As the Revo intake has the potential to flow more air than Robin's twintake, your setup has a good chance of suffering the same fault.

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 09:59:37 pm »
Ok, i see the group buy for the loba pump is still on the go, so i will have a think! So really, going from revo's site, i could get a stage 2+ then......

Thanks for your input guys

Kam88

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 10:46:07 pm »
I was looking at revo induction there is one on eBay and if you call them I got them down to £300 if you pay directly to them and not with ebay I think £300 for brand new is great deal  :smiley: I ended up wth forge twintake instead :)

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 10:51:09 pm »
thanks for that, i will go have a butchers!

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 06:52:46 pm »
Just incase anyone is interested, i have spoken with Nige @ BCS today and ordered a complete powervalve system with 200cel cat, i have also secured an engine cover for modifying for an intake, i have contacted my local revo dealer to get a revo intake (and future map) and also going to go ahead and get a loba hpfp while i'm at it!

Skint would be an understatement!

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 07:02:05 pm »
Just incase anyone is interested, i have spoken with Nige @ BCS today and ordered a complete powervalve system with 200cel cat, i have also secured an engine cover for modifying for an intake, i have contacted my local revo dealer to get a revo intake (and future map) and also going to go ahead and get a loba hpfp while i'm at it!

Skint would be an understatement!

:congrats:

Will certainly sound great and go well with that little lot  :happy2: