Make a donation

Author Topic: Gti recently purchased with more issues than one  (Read 11161 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Gti recently purchased with more issues than one
« on: January 24, 2015, 07:07:33 pm »
Can anyone advise me in this please?.

Bought the car 2 weeks ago and ramped it up found two X2 cv boots torn away from the retaining clips on outer sides don't know how to upload pictures here.
Dsg jerking and sounds abnormal as the one I test drove before this one didn't have any jerking and was quick with response when putting foot down.
This wasn't like that when I went to view it and test drove it but on collection is now more apparent and worrying me.

Can I demand my money back?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Gti recently purchased with more issues than one
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 07:33:45 pm »
use photo bucket to up load pics.
The metal clips dig into the boot and split them as I had the issue
If you bought the car from a garage then take it back

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 08:14:12 pm »
Did you buy private or from a dealer. Whats the service history like - when was the last DSG service. Should be every 40k miles.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

dansmith180

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 08:28:00 pm »
depends where you bought it from, if it was a private sale then would be 'sold as seen' and you'll be very lucky to get any money back. If it was a garage then you stand a far better chance of getting it fixed/ returning it.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 09:58:27 pm »
Hello guys, bought the car from a private dealer in Milton Keynes and it has full history bar the last stamp on 66900 there abouts.

spoke to the seller and he's being a pri** and says call up the AA warranty.
he also mentioned it had an AA inspection which I fail to believe as these issues surely would have come up?.
found lots of hidden scratches on it covered by dirt which the guy said he would have polished out along with a full valet that was never done.

I really want a full refund and not a repair as this garage sell prestige crap :fighting:

Apparently the dsg was done at the last service but I'm having trouble believing this as the idiot doesn't send me the receipts he promised me. Also spoke to vw dealers and they cannot find any history of the dsg being serviced at all :surprised:

These boots look like they've been dying for years lol

Last service and dsg oil and filter service done below mileage but no proof sent as done by their independent garage and we know what that usually means
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:30:04 pm by r5gtt »

Kam88

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 11:05:31 pm »
Not trying to sounds like a utter di*k to you but you clearly have not done a lot of research before you bought the car. I always do HPI check VOSA check call main dealer if it had stamps and also I would want receipt not only a stamp. As you can buy stamp of ebay what ever you wish for few quids. Also people will stamp book for near nothing. If he can't prove receipt then always means to me it didn't happen. It's either there or not. Dealers are notorious for hiding stuff that's how they make their money at end of day polish up a turd and sell for more. I found when I was looking for a car dealers was messing me around history didn't ad up services didn't ad up. Chances of you getting your refund I would say are slim to nothing unless you bought from a decent dealer. From what I am reading he is far from decent dealer. Sounds like you got yourself a bag of bolts with heap of trouble. Good luck hopefully it will not cost you to much to put it right am sure next time you will do a lot more research Into it. I have learnt the hard way by spending a good few thousands of pounds onto cars before I learnt to do a lot more research.

Sorry to hear that this potentially happened to you.

Offline AndyBrown

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 11:48:55 pm »
The law
When you buy a used vehicle from a trader you are making a legally binding contract. You have legal rights against the trader under the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

The vehicle should be:

- Of a satisfactory quality - free from minor defects, safe and durable for a reasonable length of time. When assessing satisfactory quality you should take into account the price you paid for the vehicle, its age, mileage and condition at the time of sale.

- Fit for its intended purpose or a purpose that you made known to the trader - fit to be driven on the road.

- As described - the vehicle should correspond with any description applied to it. In some circumstances, the trader may be liable for any statement made by the manufacturer of the vehicle.

If the vehicle is faulty , you are legally entitled to request one of the following remedies:

a full refund
compensation (damages)
repair or replacement
rescission or reduction in price

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/glos/con1item.cgi?file=*ADV0003-1011.txt

What i would do is send him a written letter recorded delivery expressing your dissatisfaction with the vehicle, what's wrong with it, what they've said and what you want.
If they still pie you off you'll need to send them another letter, a letter before action and threaten to take it to court.
Give citizens advice a call aswell, it won't cost you anything and they'll be able to give you better advice about the process than what I can.
if you want to see a letter before action I've got one I can send you that I've wrote.

I would say be careful aswell, was soon as you mention court they will speak to a solicitor, the reply that came from my garage was on an email that said without prejudice which meant it csnt be used in court and it was to try settle the dispute, can get complicated.

Keep us updated on here and we'll try help.

I had advice from a Jim on here, he works in the industry, his username is mateyguv

Good luck!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 12:25:01 am »
Cheers guys, I've spoken to consumer rights and they also mentioned a letter recorded delivered to the company in question and if they still fob me off then get back to them and get further advise also from the CAB.
Wouldn't mind this letter you have AndyBrown  :smiley:

These guys got sly and didn't have the car available for the second viewing or test drive and already had my £500 deposit so it wasn't as simple as walking away.
He told me he'd get the light scratch marks removed with polishing and that there was nothing wrong with the transmission but when I went to collect the car they moved it and I had to wait 3 hours for its return and should have realised something wasn't right :sad1: blastards made a fool of me and I just didn't see it at the time why they hid the car until it got dark and someone was washing it when I got back.
I know it'll be a pain but I have to get this money back as this car is not what I want with these issues and not looking for a repair job.

Thanks

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 02:47:45 am »
Let us know how you get on mate..Goodluck
Hope you get it sorted ASAP

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline AndyBrown

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 09:46:08 am »
Make sure you put absolutely everything in the letters as you may need them in court.
Also just in case you haven't already, stop communicating via phone if you can, email them instead as again you may need that in court.

What's your email address I'll fire it over now.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 10:34:53 am »
I have a real bad feeling ill have to take them to court as the guys being a total :booty: with his attitude.
Definitely let you know either way and maybe I should name and shame these crooks.

Offline AndyBrown

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 10:38:34 am »
Hopefully not he'll probably bottle it when he's threatened with taking it to court.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 10:50:39 am »
These are Asians bud, ASM Google um

The have in their showroom lamborghini Porsche maserati

M3 r32 etc

So cannot believe they'd rip off someone but I guess sheep in wolves clothing and very rude over the phone but I can't seem to record the conversations with my Samsung s5
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:08:08 am by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 11:02:45 am »
Hopefully not he'll probably bottle it when he's threatened with taking it to court.
Andy, did you sort yours out?  :surprised:

Offline AndyBrown

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 11:11:46 am »
Well... Kind of, after the letter he did agree to what I wanted.
Removed the Mechatronic and have it repaired,natures out the company said there was f*ck all wrong with it so now they think it's the clutch packs
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:02:00 pm by AndyBrown »