Make a donation

Author Topic: Indicator Cancelling  (Read 801 times)

Offline gazrn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Indicator Cancelling
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:24:38 pm »
I have been away for a few months and my car was left in the garage, battery was dead this morning when i tried to start the car and subsequently couldn't jump it. I ended up getting a new battery and the car is now running great but when I indicate left or right the turning of the steering wheel doesn't always cancel the indicator. The only thing I've down is replace the battery and can't see this making any difference. Is this a coincidence that its buggered the same time. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem ?

Offline OSB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Indicator Cancelling
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 03:44:40 pm »
Indicator cancelling is normally with a pin and yoke type mechanism, operating from the steering wheel to the end of the indicator arm.
As far as I know the Golf is no different, so I can't see how changing the battery would make any difference.
So... I guess you'll have to take the steering wheel off to see the problem.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Indicator Cancelling
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 03:50:49 pm »
the cancelling is all mechanical

if you have had the steering wheel off and the slip ring is not in the correct position that can cause it not to work properly
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides